1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sky Jacker 4 Inch Lift Kit

Discussion in '40- & 55-Series Tech' started by Romer, Jan 29, 2004.

1. Romer

Romer fatherofdaughterofromer Moderator

Just got a pretty good deal on a Sky Jacker Lift Kit at 4 Wheel Parts. I called the local store and said they had a 10% off sale last weekend, he said he could do that. When I got there he started to take 10% the stores regular price and it was higher than the internet. When I pointed it out he looked up the internet price and gave me 10% off. I got the 4inch Lift kit for $527 and added SkyJacker Hydro 7000 Shocks for another $110.

I will get graesable shackles, pins, bushings and a brake line extension from Rocky Mountain next week and install it over Presidents Day Weekend. The wife is taking the daughter to a weekend Vollyball tournement.

Just Thought I'd share in case some one else is looking to get the same thing.

2. CruisinGA

CruisinGA

Huh, they've changed their website to match their store catalogue.
    When I bought mine it was $630 on the website for the lift w/ shocks, and $610 in store for lift w/o shocks.
    Is that a brake line extension, or new extended brake line? I would be wary of anything that adds another joint in the brake system. 4wheelparts carries an extended brake line for LC's.

3. Romer

Bailey- I haven't bought the brake line extension. When I asked the guy behind the counter he said he could sell me a new brake line but not an extension. He said the extensionwas part of the kit, I knew he was full of s&%t. Thanks for the words of warning

You gave me some advice in another post and I'm not sure I understand it. It was about installing the lift:

"Get 2 degree brass caster shims from Napa, and new spring pins, make a 1/2" spacer for the head of the spring pin out of pipe and install in each front spring pack. (allows pin head to reach hole in spring plate on axle with additional width of the shim."

4. Gumby

Gumby Supamod Staff Member s-Moderator

Sounds like my set of 4" lift Dar springs is a hell of a deal. Somebody needs to buy them.

in the for sale section

5. nuclearlemon

nuclearlemon not an addict Moderator

Media:
    Albums:
    romer, the shims are needed to keep driveline angles decent, otherwise you'll get bad vibration. my friends and i found one the first skyjacker kits that the shims had to be installed backwards (point pinion down) to match the angle at the transfer case. that was almost 14 years ago, so that may not be the case. you should have center pins with longer heads though, to go through the shims and up to the seat on the axle housing.

are you going to rising sun's annual snow run on sunday?

6. TOZOVR

TOZOVR

[quote author=romer link=board=1;threadid=10781;start=msg96924#msg96924 date=1075431468]

You gave me some advice in another post and I'm not sure I understand it. It was about installing the lift:

"Get 2 degree brass caster shims from Napa, and new spring pins, make a 1/2" spacer for the head of the spring pin out of pipe and install in each front spring pack. (allows pin head to reach hole in spring plate on axle with additional width of the shim."
    [/quote]
    here's what we use on the SUA Heeps we deal with....
    Check out this spring...
    [​IMG]

If you look at the top of this spring, the centerpin is longer on top...There is actually a small spacer (really thick washer) there, between the nut and the spring.

If you need to run degree/castor shims with this spring, you unbolt the centerpin and remove it from the spring, you then replace the washer/spacer dealio with the degree shim.

Get it? You need to assure that there's enough center pin to sit in the perch, the washer/spacer allows that.

RJ

7. Romer

[quote author=nuclearlemon link=board=1;threadid=10781;start=msg97183#msg97183 date=1075520574]
    are you going to rising sun's annual snow run on sunday?
    [/quote]

Thanks for the tip- Actually I will be on a plane sunday heading to to the DC area for the week on Business.