Builds Sky Blue 76 (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Looks like the only other type available is a magnetic one. I used the part in your picture on my April 1978 with no problems (replaced a skull of course).
I'm lost on what part I need. The threads on the new knob are too small. The threads for a FJ60 TC shift knob are too big. I wonder if I got a bootleg part that is just incorrect.

Solution: TC knob is the correct part. I just had to run a tap into it and clean up the plastic around the beginning of the threads.

Last edited:
@FJ60Cam does fine work
image.jpg

Nice.
Just picked up a 4/76 Freeborn Red that needs work. At least it was running, but also sat in a pasture for a few decades. Needs a hardtop as it rolled once, but all the panels are straight without creases. The original owner's nephew sold it to a dealer and my brother in law saw it. Knowing I drove one for 20+ years and wanted another he turned me on to it and now I have a project. I have to read your thread in detail now as it's the closest year rebuild thread I've seen so far.
War Eagle! ('83-'86)

Nice.
Just picked up a 4/76 Freeborn Red that needs work. At least it was running, but also sat in a pasture for a few decades. Needs a hardtop as it rolled once, but all the panels are straight without creases. The original owner's nephew sold it to a dealer and my brother in law saw it. Knowing I drove one for 20+ years and wanted another he turned me on to it and now I have a project. I have to read your thread in detail now as it's the closest year rebuild thread I've seen so far.
War Eagle! ('83-'86)
War Eagle ‘91-95

Craptola! Hopefully you can get that somewhat returned to normal, it’s patina match with the rest of the rig is priceless.

I used the same resistor as @GA Architect.

Used an M8 bolt, flattened and bent the stock mounting hardware to accommodate the longer resistor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom