SKNKWRX Cyprus Pearl 06 GX 470 build and adventures (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Figured I would keep a little build thread of the few things I do to the GX. Its a 2006 CPM/Tan no navi one owner well maintained with 102k on it at time of purchase. Plans are for general maintenance, a full detail and paint correction, wheels and all terrains, roof rack to hold my tent and things, sliders and some storage inside. Maybe a mild lift down the road but I really like how it rides right now and I have a trail rig for serious stuff. Definitely nicer on the highway than my 1st Gen 4Runner. Enjoying learning about the GX in here for a little while now.

IMG_1839.jpg

Last edited:
Detailed the interior today, tracked down my underside rattle (heat shield has fallen down on the exhaust) and 4 step restored the headlights and fogs. LaminX film will be applied shortly to maintain them. Also ordered some bronze gold TRD PRO wheels and Wrangler Ultraterrains in 265/70 17.

IMG_1871.jpg

IMG_1870.jpg

IMG_1869.jpg

IMG_1868.jpg

IMG_1867.jpg

I've tried putting Lamin-X on my headlights twice. It was a disaster. Even called a local Tint/Vinyl shop to see if they would do it. They politely declined.

Do you have any tips for successful application? I have yet to apply them without ripping them off in frustration.

I've tried putting Lamin-X on my headlights twice. It was a disaster. Even called a local Tint/Vinyl shop to see if they would do it. They politely declined.

Do you have any tips for successful application? I have yet to apply them without ripping them off in frustration.

I have only done my Golf R and the lights were not hard. Patience proper squeegees and a hair drier are all you should need.

Two step polished the paint and coated it with Beadmaker, threw on the Thule box since snowboard season is here.

IMG_1882.jpg

IMG_1881.jpg

IMG_1879.jpg

IMG_1878.jpg

Just in time for snow TRD Pro bronze wheels and Goodyear Wrangler Ultraterrains 265/70-17 really happy with how this looks now and they ride great on pavement.

IMG_1892.jpg

GREAT build so far! got a link to which Alla's you went with? They'll be on my list in the spring when I give the front end a refresh

Still need to get my sliders on but otherwise the truck has been great and enjoying some early season adventures in UT. Replacing the leaking radiator this weekend and have plotted a 600 mile off-road route across UT to the Grand Canyon North Rim hitting Capitol Reef NP, Lake Powell and Grand Staircase Escalante along the way.

_DSC6177.jpg

Durango to Grand Canyon 2021 Stage 1-page-001.jpg

Durango to Grand Canyon 2021 Stage 2-page-001.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom