Skinwalker Run (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Throwing this out to you all -

I will be doing the Canyon - Canyon de Chelly - here on the Navajo Rez on October 15th - Plan to stay the night on the 14th and 15th at the local park. If you don't camp the Holiday Inn is very nice and pretty cheap off season. I will be draggin my trailer over -

The Canyon is really beautiful - especially in the fall - sometimes a little mud - but really not technical at all - I plan on a full day run the morning of the 15th - thinking about doing up some t-shirts if interested...

Tell me what dates work for ya? If this is okay -

I would limit it to about 15 trucks - 2 of which I own - Chief (I am trying to get him to join) will be driving one of mine -

Tell me what ya think - it is a long haul up here 17 to 40 to 191...

Jeff

Last years run!

Last edited:
I would like to go if you think a stock FJ25 could do this run :rolleyes: If not how about a FJ45LPB :)

John

My dad I and would like to come...we have to clear that with the bosses but that would be 2 80's. I have been wanting to do this for years!! sounds like a great time.

http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/hi/1/en/hd/chnaz

Personally - I would stay in the Chinle.Canyon Holiday Inn - it is very nice and has good food which is a commodity on the Rez!

Don't forget the Rez is dry - as in no beer - so bring your own stash...cover it so thirsty Navajo PD don't pull you over and take it -

Cool - glad that there is interest!

Living in the Past said:
I would like to go if you think a stock FJ25 could do this run :rolleyes: If not how about a FJ45LPB :)

John

Either would make it - and if you get stuck - I have a winch

I have seen people in Jeeps....

I would like to go.
I am currently talking the wife into going.
The kids saw the pictures of the mud and want to go right now.

Thanks
Ken

Last edited:
I would love to go. My wife disapears in October, she works at a party supply store that sells costumes. The whole month of October I hardly see her at all. I will talk to my little girl and see if she is interested in camping a couple of days with just Daddy. She will be 3 next month and so far has only spent 2 night without Mommy(not consecutive nights either). She does like camping and if other people are bringing kids it might be OK.
Let me check it out and I will let you know. :cheers:

accasbel said:
So, what are the "guide" fees. Would you be ours???

Every five trucks splits a guide at $15 and hour plus tip - I am paying for the five trucks with me -

Looks like I will have to miss this treat too. I will be in Rocky Point, Mexico that weekend for the Roger Clyne & The Peacemakers concert along with 4,000 other fans. Have a goodtime! I don't know why I said that, it's not like you wouldn't.

Salud! :beer:
D

It didn't take much to talk the wife into going.
I plan to attend with all all four of us.
Currently, we plan to camp.

How far is Many Farms near Hole in the Wall from where we will be.

Thanks
Ken

I asked my daughter if she wanted to go camping with just Daddy and she said yes. So put me down for 1 truck-2 people, camping. What day should we come up there. The rez is a days drive from here. :cheers:

Hey this is great - glad you all are interested!

Hole in the Wall is about twenty minutes up to Many Farms - if we time it right we can get up there at sunset when everything is a perfect red!

I would be up to Chinle by Friday night to camp because we will be leaving around 9:00am to run the canyon.

I will reserve spaces -

I will be in Chinle today and pick up the stuff from the campground -

Man- that mud picture scares me because when we went last year our guide kept telling us about the quicksand and about vehicles that sink- Quickly! and never return. Might have been stories, but it worked!

The guy who took us in owns the Spider rock campground. Very cool guy.

331_X_and_ruins.sized.jpg

xrock said:
Man- that mud picture scares me because when we went last year our guide kept telling us about the quicksand and about vehicles that sink- Quickly! and never return. Might have been stories, but it worked!

The guy who took us in owns the Spider rock campground. Very cool guy.

331_X_and_ruins.sized.jpg

Sounds like Dave Wilson -

I was over this morning - the canyon was flowing 2 feet of water -

Quicksand that will suck a truck in and you have to bring in a 4x4 tractor - yes - I buried the 60 up to the doors late last year in flowing water and she was sinking - winch and a Dodge got me out!

But if you are careful no problem! I was goofing off!

Is this still on Jeff? I am working on getting someone to ride along with me to help keep my daughter occupied in the truck. Prolly come up to Flag on Thursday and over to the rez friday.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom