Skill 18v drill made by Bosch ??? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Dad picked up a cheap Skill drill out of the Craftsman catalog - I gave him a lot of grief over buying a cheap POS...turns out I was wrong. It seems to be a decent drill for the price and the batteries have Bosch's name on them.

Not sure what the connection to Bosch is (if any) but for $100 it has been a pretty good tool for the last couple weeks of use at least. I'm not one for endorsing cheap tools but this one may be a value.

Any other opinions?? Does Bosch manufacture all Skill brand tools??

I'm a Carpenter by trade and now a field super. skill and Bosch are the same co. look for S&B tool co.

The Bosch stuff is better though.

Same w/ Crapsman worm drive saws. Built by Skil but w/ lighterweight metals and components. That was per a Bosch rep years ago here in NorCal.

Bosch worm drives are the way to go now.

Good to know - seems like all tool companies are merging brands, kinda sucks as far as trusting a "good" brand. Pretty nice drill, lots of homeowner/handyman features that are kinda gimicky but decent.

Still saving for a Hilti for my collection, then I'll have to find a good hiding place for it when the Skill self destructs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom