skid plates (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Tada.

With the asymmetric 5 bolts, I think it only goes on one way?
skid plate 1.jpg
skid plate 2.jpg

That is a lot better skid plate than the FJ62s have. Anybody know if that skid plate will work on an FJ62?

The factory plates are bendable by hand and serve only to protect the tranny and case from flying gravel or tiny rocks. I wouldn't bother.

The factory plates are bendable by hand and serve only to protect the tranny and case from flying gravel or tiny rocks. I wouldn't bother.

They aren't wimpy, especially the one covering the transmission and transfercase. It doesn't hold up the full weight of the vehicle, but it isn't intended for that. Its meant to prevent damaging of the case which is exactly what it does.

And to be honest I'd like to see you bend that 40+ pound skid plate by hand.

And to be honest I'd like to see you bend that 40+ pound skid plate by hand.

Hey, ya know, with all that masturbation they do in the dark months of the Great White North, I bet he could...

:D:D

IkidIkid ...

:banana:

The skid plate keeps the front driveline from hitting the ground and blasting your transmission heavenward when the bolts holding it to the dif fail. Don't ask me how I know.

Wonder if Toyota knew it would protect in two directions...

slcfj62, that main plate just bolts to the frame in five places, so it's probably easy to install depending on where the stock plate is mounted on the 62.

The skid plate keeps the front driveline from hitting the ground and blasting your transmission heavenward when the bolts holding it to the dif fail. Don't ask me how I know.

I assume you are talking about the front driveshaft loop? I could definitely see that happening if you didn't have that part on.

Do share the details haha :D

mine are all gone and missing, any reason why PO would not have put them back on (its a stock LC), or maybe the previous mechanics didn't notice they were supposed to go back on? WTF, or where they just not std ?

I'm pretty sure they were standard. It wouldn't surprise me if someone left them off at one point though. I have some I haven't put back on yet haha

Thanks guys. I can't get mine on because they interfere with Jim's (Solid Rock Off-Road) sliders and it also interferes with the h55/split case that I just installed. I wonder if Kevin's skid plates would work better. I'll have to ask him.

:beer: Chad

dude i just ran over mine the other day. barely did anything noticeable

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom