1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Skid Plate removal

Discussion in '80-Series Tech' started by 80and100cruisers, Feb 17, 2004.

1. 80and100cruisers

80and100cruisers SILVER Star

Media:
    Albums:
    I have a 1999 uzj100. Went mudding a few weekends ago and there is a ton of dried mud between the front skid plates and whatever its protecting. I don't think the mud is a problem, but I'd rather get rid of it, is this a safe asumption? I want to remove all of the front skid plates inorder to fully clean the mud off of them. The front one seems to be metal, but the one following is plastic. I have magaged to put a tear in the plastic one. Has anyone removed all of the front skid plates? I have looked at it and it just looks like a simple job of removing bolts, anything I should look out for? I want to remove the mud, and see how bad the tear is in the plastic "skid plate."

Are there any upgrades for the 100 skid plates? Slee???? :D

-Matt

2. 80and100cruisers

Media:
    Albums:
    So removed the plastic part today, very easy, 8 bolts, and than saw a nail sticking out of my tire. So had to go get that filled and now no light to continue. I noticed that I am missing part of the metal skid plate. I will hopefully take pics tommrow and post em to get a price on the piece. There was alot of mud on the plastic "skid plate" so I feel good about cleaning it all of and off and cleaning it off the under chasis. Hopefully more on removing the metal one tommrow.

-Matt

3. uzj100

uzj100

Matt,

My plastic skid plate has been gone for some time. I would like a metal one to replace it. The plastic one was ripped wheeling about 2 years ago and then I removed the rest of it and never replaced it.

uzj100

4. 80and100cruisers

Media:
    Albums:
    I found 5 bolts keeping the metal front skid plate on (3 on the front and one on each side), but that wasn't enough. Something is keeping it on in the rear and I don't know what. Any one know the location of the bolts in the rear?

Also I am missing the piece shown in the pic below. Cdan can ya help me out?

-Matt

5. cruiserdan

cruiserdan SupportingVendor Emeritus Moderator

Surrounded by Cruisers from all over the world
    51455-60060, list $11.12

Used on 9-99 up production.