Skid plate for bj70 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My stock plate had to be removed by my local mechanic yesterday..2 of the bolts actually broken off in the housing. My mechanic said there should be an aftermarket skid plate availble to protect and prevent mud and crap from flying up into the engine bay. Any suggestions for an easy to mount skid plate that would replicate the function of the stock plate ......As I said two of the bolts used to mount actually broke off in the hole so they would have to be drilled out to re-use the original.

not that i know of. Unless you wheel your truck hard, i would straighen the old one and reinstall it.

Yea it's the splatter sheild that protect the muck from getting up into the engine bay...pretty rotten, don't want to just put it back on and wait for it to fail again.. Just checking if there is anything beefier out there that is bolt on or should I just order a new one from toyota?

Yea it's the splatter sheild that protect the muck from getting up into the engine bay...pretty rotten, don't want to just put it back on and wait for it to fail again.. Just checking if there is anything beefier out there that is bolt on or should I just order a new one from toyota?

They are discontinued at least for the bj42, don't know for BJ70. In my case since it is only a splash guard and not a skid plate, i replaced one with a 1/8" aluminum sheet. And the one under the radiator, i riveted a galvanised sheet 16 gauge over to make some kind of a patch, since the other edge was fine but it had holes due to rust.

Not a true skid plate....it is just the original splash guard under the engine....went to the dealer to try to order today and he said discontinued but he would try to find.

I suppose a sheet metal guy could replicate very easily.

Is there a plate for rite u der the motor sorta , I have a thick protect bash plate from my 75 but it protects more the gear box

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom