1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Single track near Golden, CO?

Discussion in 'Chit-Chat' started by Cruisergreg, Jul 16, 2005.

1. Cruisergreg

Cruisergreg

Spending some time hangin with the inlaws in Golden for a few. Any suggestions for some mtb singletrack in the area? Something that won't kick my out of shape ass?

2. bh4rnnr

bh4rnnr

You could always do the Apex Trail. One of my favorites...

3. Cruisergreg

Cruisergreg

where's zat?

4. nakman

nakman addict.

Go do the hogback. Take that road out past Heritage Square towards I-70, go under the highway, then first right into the Matthews-Winters parking lot. Start your ride by going back out the parking lot, across the street and up the hill, towards one of the geo-cuts.. go up that dirt road and you'll see the trail start to the right. Fun descent, and you can stop & watch top fuel dragsters at Bandemiere...

Trail ends by some dinosaur footprints, then you cross the road back into RedRocks part & ride back up to your car on the groomers..

5. Cruisergreg

Cruisergreg

That was on my short list -have hiked it before...Thanks

6. Poriomania

Poriomania

Another option at Matthew Winters park is you ride onto trails SW of the lot and from there South and climb a plateau, drop back down and either continue over to Red Rocks or climb back onto the plateau and ride the rim back towards the parking lot. The uphills are harder pulls than the hogsback, but less technical.

7. wesintl

wesintl

Media:
    Albums:
    MW... or if you can drive a little father south to chatfield you can hop on the colorado trail. I think I my be taking my cousin there today. He popped into town outta the blue. Dunno if I can make the Club picnic.

8. Razor

Razor

did the apex trail from golden town.....what a grind, but awesome ride.....got a little road rash on the tree as you are rounding the last corner on the enchanted forest trail going counter clock.....

This has got to be on your list of rides.....