Single piece headliner replacement available ? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
The original OEM headliner on my 1980 FJ40, is starting to come unglued. I’ve tried to use a spray adhesive, and glue it back up, but it never stays. There seems to be a thin layer of “foam”, half stuck to the roof, half still on the headliner, so nothing stays glued. But other than falling down, there is nothing really wrong with the original headliner.

If I’m going to remove the top, flip it and do a serious repair, might as well look into a new headliner. Seems the last time I looked into getting a headliner, the only thing close to an OEM look, was a generic two piece solution.

Is that still the case ? Does Toyota still sell a replacement ? Is there a generic single piece that can be cut to fit ?

Cruiser Corps sells one as well. I will be tackling this also in the next couple weeks and trying to pick a source.

I did the Cruiser Corps headliner, fairly thick and went up well.

I bought one from SOR, the price was competitive, came in one piece, and the corners were pre-mitered. Nice thickness, it fit well, extra material along the edges to be trimmed once it glued in.

It's a good move to remove the top, clean the old material off and install the new one with the roof upside down. I couldn't imagine gluing it in overhead, while the roof was still in the truck.

Cruiser Corps sells one as well. I will be tackling this also in the next couple weeks and trying to pick a source.

The cruiser corps headliner has too much extra material at the seam and needs to be trimmed to avoid a big bulge along the seam. The SOR headliner fits much better without needing additional work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom