Since You Asked For Pics (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Sangre de Christo Mtns of North Central NM.
Finally, the FJ 60 was retreived from the body shop for the second time this year. Some weeks ago I posted a thread about breaking a 100MPH and some folks asked for pics of the hood scoop and what the engine looks like. So, here are some pics.

Last edited:
Since you asked, as I posted before: 5 speed tranny, 4.56 diffs, 33 inch tires. Engine desmogged, carb tweaked by a pro racer who also advanced the timing as much as possible. I burned 94 octane in this engine. Yes, I know that should not matter in a 2F given the low stock compression but it does seem to run better with a little more octane. Required RPM calculates at about 4,100 RPM which is within the tolerances of the 2F, albeit I am pushing my luck. My tach was broken at the time I opened it up so I don'tknow ho fast it spun. My wife was pacing me.

I am not keen on repeating this effort, However, given the extent of skepticisim (including my own) I am going to re-examine that stretch of highway to check if it has a grade.

Yeah, the improved intake from the K&N air cleaner helps a lot. I believe that the intake of cool denser air via the scoop might also help. The stock air induction is a bit restricted with that fender well and tube into that "plenum" type air cleaner housing.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom