Simple Non-nav Head Unit Upgrade (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

BlueCruiser84

SILVER Star
Threads
Is there an easy way to swap out only the head unit on a non-nav lexus? My CD changer doesn't work and the tape deck quit working. All I've got is the radio now. I don't care too much about music quality as long as I can hear it. I also am not willing to spend big bucks on speakers because mine sound great.

If there's no easy swap I'll default to the FM transmitter. I tried the Grom Bluetooth dealy out of my 100 series but it didn't work.

Yes I'm a cheapass when it comes to stereo stuff - you don't need to tell me.

1) buy cheap radio or used $100
2) buy canbus to switch on your amp $60
3) buy gx470 trim on amazon $20
Wire it up and enjoy
I just replaced my aftermarket double din with an Android unit. I’ll eventually sell my old setup.

Search for "Yatour Bluetooth GX470". It emulates an OEM CD changer. Plug the "Yatour" into your radio in place of the CD changer and you get bluetooth music, an aux port and a nice microphone for phone calls.

Search for "Yatour Bluetooth GX470". It emulates an OEM CD changer. Plug the "Yatour" into your radio in place of the CD changer and you get bluetooth music, an aux port and a nice microphone for phone calls.

Double like. I’ll give that a google.

Crutchfield Cheap - the install kit is $65. I think that is about as cheap as it gets. not sure how good or how long it will last.

I am shopping too. I want bluetooth and apple car play and am considering an Alpine for $299 and the install kits comes with Maestro to retain the steering wheel buttons. Might be a bit more $$ than you are interested in. I too don't really care about the sound quality. I also hope to figure a way to run my CB into the radio.

Crutchfield Cheap - the install kit is $65. I think that is about as cheap as it gets. not sure how good or how long it will last.

I am shopping too. I want bluetooth and apple car play and am considering an Alpine for $299 and the install kits comes with Maestro to retain the steering wheel buttons. Might be a bit more $$ than you are interested in. I too don't really care about the sound quality. I also hope to figure a way to run my CB into the radio.

Cheap is all relative I guess. I don’t mind paying for a good quality head unit, but I don’t want to swap out amps and speakers and go down a $$$$ rabbit hole.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom