For Sale Simex Centipede Tires (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have a set of Simex Centipede Tires for sale. Size 35"x10.5"x15. They have well over 75% of the tread left. Asking $800 for the set of 4.

are these legal in the states for the street?

what makes them illegal. I have seen them on the overseas rigs, and they look amazing. How would they compare to the swamper radial.

DOT testing standards.

I don't know about being a better tire or how they would wear on pavement.

But they come in the right size 35x10.5

I will post some pics soon. My cruiser came with these. It was imported from Africa. They are some mean looking tires and I have heard good things about them. It was soa when I bought it but I went back to sua and I'm running 33" tires.

just curious, but why did you make the switch back to sua. i wish you Simexes were 33's i would love them. They look very sticky.

Pictures

The tires are 35"x10.5"x16". My mistake.
IMG_0612.jpg

Damn't. I would buy the sh!t outta those... if they were in Virginia.

Haha, I bet you could. Good luck with the sale.

those is rare rubber right there!

The aussies I talked to who run em swear by them, except for the logevity of them, but with a non DOT tire they may be a trail only tire and get less km's on them.

Good luck with the sale!

I'm not 100% on this so please let me know, but just because something is not DOT approved does not make it illegal. For example beadlock rims.

I'm not 100% on this so please let me know, but just because something is not DOT approved does not make it illegal. For example beadlock rims.

It means, if you get pulled over by the DOT or whatever vehicle inspection agency, and they decide they need to search for a DOT stamp and cant find one, then you could have some fines to pay. Or maybe they deem your vehicle unsafe and tow it. How many DOT inspectors have you heard of checking for DOT ratings on tires. Its not going to be something they generally encounter as no dealer could get away with selling non DOT tires for long, so...

Sounds bad, but ive never seen or heard of this happening, I wouldnt hessitate to run them. Just because they dont have N.A. approval doesnt mean they will blow up as soon as you drive them.

The aussie's and kiwis ive talked to like them, but they dont get a ton of life on pavement, apparently they are a very good choice for the 4x4 comps down under though.

Last edited:
How much do they weigh each? Are they radial or Bias Ply? I think these would make a great set of wheeling tires...

$800 for the set?

Do you still have the tires, if so could you send me your location
so I can figure out when I would be able to drive your direction?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom