Silverton, CO trip... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Just got home tonight, have some pictures on my camera, but the other 500 or so are on Kumar's laptop, and he won't be back for a few days...but here are some favorites of the ones I have...I've been to alot of scenic places around the country, but around Silverton is still shocking impressive.

DSCN9619.jpg

DSCN9648.jpg

DSCN9625.jpg

DSCN9629.jpg

DSCN9653.jpg

More to come...

awesome pics! that half-track is sweet!

I was out there almost 10 years ago. its beautiful. Did you take the train ride from durango?

WELCOME BACK MARK!
sweet half track
nice pics
and you have a very nice kid mark! nice job!

dejablu311 said:
I was out there almost 10 years ago. its beautiful. Did you take the train ride from durango?
Nope, we were down there to wheel only...a varied group was in our wheeling party, myself, Kumar (from KC), Ali (from Chi), Zack (from Chi) and Jeff (from Durango, CO)...I had by FAR the most not-cool vehicle...but my bone stock '85 (Clampy as Ali called it) made it up everything with no problems at all, some parts took some finesse driving since I have 'awesome' 29" nearly bald tires and no lockers, but Clampy made it through.. :D We did Black Bear pass, Cinnamon pass (that's actually how we got to Silverton, we didn't go through Ouray), and some other passes, I can't remember them all, and countless spurs, it's so cool there with all the rugged mountains, huge cliffs, you just snap off pictures as fast as you can, then you remember you're driving on the edge of a cliff so maybe you should put the camera down and drive... :D

Wonderful trip!

More pics are at: http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/alia1...done=http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph//my_photos

It was a great trip. We covered Minnie Gulch, Maggie Gulch, Black Bear Pass, Stony Pass and Imogene Pass. Unfortunately, we didn't do Cinammon pass with everyone else. I had to make a stop through "Slee" in Golden :D

The group was very small this year, which made for a decent trail speed. Still have a few more trails to check off in the Charles Wells' book for this area!

Ali

Looks like you guys had a good time. Nice pics Ali. I'm bumed that the club is not going out there this year :crybaby: . Been to long. Had to bail last year due to a broken ring gear in the rear. And couldnt go in 2003 due to a broken wrist.

It's been ten years since I've wheeled that very same area. The summer I finished the Police Academy, I hooked my very first cruiser behind my 85 FJ-60 and flat-towed up all the way from Houston. With a practically bone stock 76 FJ-40, I was able to go anywhere and do anything my buddy could with his Heep. He had ARB's front and rear and had terrible troubles with vapor lock. I kicked his ass on every mountain pass heading to and returning from our wheeling areas. The neighbor was very impressed with my rig--he just would never admit it and would only say that his had AC. What a great part of the country to explore.

Sounds like a blast Mark. Wish I could have been there. Your 85 reminds me of Old Blue, my 85 that I so miss selling!

Pics!!!

Here are the Pics from my camera as well as Mark's:

Mine
His

enjoy.

Kumar

alia176 said:
. Still have a few more trails to check off in the Charles Wells' book for this area!

Ali
are you using the new version of his books, or the old version? he just redid volume one and is working on redoing volume two now. eliminating closed trails and adding a bunch of trails.

I'm a little late getting over here to see the pics, but just wanted to say it was a BLAST! Really enjoyed it and it was nice having a little smaller group... good to get to know some folks a little better. Let's do it again...

JJJ

Whale said:
I'm a little late getting over here to see the pics, but just wanted to say it was a BLAST! Really enjoyed it and it was nice having a little smaller group... good to get to know some folks a little better. Let's do it again...

JJJ

ONE MORE POST...and you will hit 20...DO IT DO IT!!!

...thanks for hangin' with us and fixin' us that awesome meal at your place...your company is always...interesting.

later..

kumar

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom