signal lite / finish (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Newbie here - let me first say that I enjoy this board and have gotten some great info from you guys/gals...

A couple basic questions for anyone:

1. I need to replace my front orange signal lite (the big one next to the head lite) - what is involved?

2. Unfortunately I recently parked under a railroad pass and some brown gook/liquid of some sort rained on my '96 LC! I was a little overzealous in rubbing it out in some spots and I am afraid I may have done some permanent damage (I hope not) to my finish in a couple small areas on the hood. Is there any product out there that may help or did I royally :censor: up !?!?

Thanks in advance!

ChiTown LC 96

1> You should buy an FSM (Factory Service Manual) it will tell you how to do this. On my LX450 (Different front lights) its fairly simple by taking off brackets, but the FSM would tell you

2) Take it to a professional shop and ask them to buff it. Don't try it at home.

For your signal light, open your hood and look above the light. There's only one screw you need to take out, a phillips head, if I remember correctly. The whole marker light assembly then pulls forward and out. The bulb holder twists off and pulls out of the back of the assembly. I don't think you even need to disconnect from the wiring harness.

No clue on the paint finish. I'd have a shop look at it.

- Craig

The light assembly might be hard and contrary to come out, so use some force, you're not gonna break it...

About the paint, get a professional to buff it, and then you might need some touch-up paint. Ask CDan about what your color would be.

The following images are on Christo's web site.

tz_ind_1.jpg

tz_ind_2.jpg

-B-

ChiTown LC 96 said:
I was a little overzealous in rubbing it out in some spots and I am afraid I may have done some permanent damage (I hope not) to my finish in a couple small areas on the hood.

What did you use to take the goop off with? Bug and tar remover, or a polishing compound?? And what is exactly the problem with the paint, scratched, rubbed thin?? If you didn't get all the goop off try some bug and tar remover, it's labeled as such in any auto parts store and probably wally mart. If you used a rubbing compound and you suspect the paint to be thin then there isn't much a professional shop can do other than repaint it. Let see some picture of the hood. And on that note some pictures of your ride...welcome :flipoff2:

Thanks for all the replies - unfortunately I don't have any picts.

Gook was a bad description - it was more of a liquid rust stain. (kind of like what a tree leaf imprints on your car)

I used Armor Car Wipes and I think I just rubbed to hard with my finger tips.

It sounds like I need to take it to a Professional Car Cleaning place and see if they can buff it out.

Thanks again for all your help!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom