Side view mirrors that don't suck (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

and some that don't fold inwards due to the wind.

My OE ones are not too bad. Just kinda small....

Shawn

Does anyone have any thoughts/pics of side view mirrors for FJ40's that you can actually see things in at speed?

I like my mirrors, and I can see out of them while at top speed (~54mph).

When on the trail in heavy brush, I just reach out the window and pull them in.
Artwheel02.jpg

I actually like those a lot. Where did you get them?

I hate to say this, but I used CJ Jeep mirrors on mine. (AAAAHHHH I know) Drill and tap the windsheild frame, they stay put when (if) you take the doors off. Tighten the little screw under the ball if they get sloppy.

pictures would be awesome

I have the same mirrors (I think I got them at Canadian Tire) but I added 4" convex mirrors on the vertical part just below the mirror so I could see close in including rear tire contact with ground. I want to put the same thing on my '83 when I get a chance.

I actually like those a lot. Where did you get them?

They were on there when I got it. You could probably find these on an old pickup or a big rig. I think I have seen them at truck stops or even at auto parts stores. :cheers:

I have the same mirrors (I think I got them at Canadian Tire) but I added 4" convex mirrors on the vertical part just below the mirror so I could see close in including rear tire contact with ground. I want to put the same thing on my '83 when I get a chance.

Funny, mine also has a 4" round convex mirror, but only on the passenger side. I need to get one for the driver's side as well. Really helps in traffic. :steer:

I just got these from CCOT and like them a lot - much bigger and more stable than the OEM's and they extend (for trailering) and fold in nicely. Good visibility and I'm not constantly tugging them back into place after I slam the door shut. Price wasn't too bad....

3082050685_a0fe8686fb.jpg

OEM with convext on the PS on all most of mine, works fine

These are mounted in the early stock location no problem with vibration or movement
attachment.php

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom