Side-view mirror control connector / pins - Anyone know the sizes? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello all - weird question here so not entirely sure how to phrase it - and I do not have much experience wiring things, so excuse any incorrect terminology I use.

I found this broken wire going to the pin for the side-view mirror connector while putting back together my dash. The wire is beat and theres not enough room to crimp it anyway, so I want to replace this pin - but I have no idea how to find out what size or type of pin it is.

Any help/ideas?

As always - thanks for any help.

GLq1ouq.jpg

giodVAF.jpg

Hello all - weird question here so not entirely sure how to phrase it - and I do not have much experience wiring things, so excuse any incorrect terminology I use.

I found this broken wire going to the pin for the side-view mirror connector while putting back together my dash. The wire is beat and theres not enough room to crimp it anyway, so I want to replace this pin - but I have no idea how to find out what size or type of pin it is.

Any help/ideas?

GLq1ouq.jpg

giodVAF.jpg
@BenCC might know.

Any help/ideas?

GLq1ouq.jpg

giodVAF.jpg
You can remove the pin from the plastic housing and solder a new wire to it.

First pry up the white plastic piece a little bit, then use a metal pick to move the lock tab inside the pin’s hole at face of the connector. It’ll be a small black plastic tab. That should release the pin so it will slide out.

You can remove the pin from the plastic housing and solder a new wire to it.

First pry up the white plastic piece a little bit, then use a metal pick to move the lock tab inside the pin’s hole at face of the connector. It’ll be a small black plastic tab. That should release the pin so it will slide out.

Thanks @Ayune. I wasnt sure if I could reuse it or not, but was planning to try that it all else failed.

I actually bought some pin release tools to attempt to do it the "correct" way, as I have previously pulled these pins using a pick just like you mentioned, haha.

Wow I am having zero luck. What a PITA.

@Ayune where is the lock tab inside the pins hole at the face of the connector?

They looked to me to be molex type connectors that have the two locking tabs on the pin itself, but I cant get it out by attempting to press tabs on the pin together... and I dont see a lock tab inside the pins hole.

Wow I am having zero luck. What a PITA.

@Ayune where is the lock tab inside the pins hole at the face of the connector?

They looked to me to be molex type connectors that have the two locking tabs on the pin itself, but I cant get it out by attempting to press tabs on the pin together... and I dont see a lock tab inside the pins hole.
Looking at your pic I would guess there’s a plastic finger inside the wire-side hole where the red square is in the pic below. If there is, try to use a metal pick to move it in the direction of the arrow.
FA239B20-3AD5-47AF-92B3-7515D459D39B.jpeg

Just bumping this. Although I did not have luck getting the damn connector out, I stumbled on this thread doing some research and thought it might assist someone else in the future.

List of Toyota OEM type connector terminals:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom