Side steps put on or leave off. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.mattison-consulting.com
Right now, I am trying to decide if I should put the running boards or "side steps" on back on my FJ .

I took them off to do some body work.. I think that they look nice off but, I am not sure if there are alternative things to put on.

What do you guys think?
Have you taken them off ?

Did you put something else in its place or fill the holes?

I bolted up some 2"x2"x1/4" angle iron.
Works pretty well as sliders. My rig is a POS rust bucket though, pretty much just for trail use.

Someday, when I get around to doing some body work, I'll cut the body and build a pair of sliders that look like the OEM steps.

2"X6" rec tube with expanded steel welded on top.

Stayin on the street...put em back on

Goin on the rocks...not so much for put'n em back on :)

Pic's?

you know i have thought about this also on my truck. i thought the running boards make the truck look lower to the ground and it kinda does like that. So the truck looks like it is more lifted without running boards. I put mine on because i have the holes drilled out for it and have always thought if i do take it crawling sometime i will build a slider that protects the running board and tub all together. i like the stock look.

Last edited:
I wheel my truck and have the running boards on it

of course, they are dented by now :eek: (but have provided some protection and were used as pivots more than once :D)

of course, they are dented by now :eek: (but have provided some protection and were used as pivots more than once :D)

x2 :grinpimp:

edit: I've never removed mine:wrench:

i don't have any and i want to put some back on mine ,i'm sick of all the mud and crap all over the side of my rig and soft top. from the front wheel. i like them on.

VERY GOOD POINT :hmm:

Mine are off and will stay off. If anyone needs a set of decent condition mustard steps, PM me.

Hodag

Stayin on the street...put em back on

Goin on the rocks...not so much for put'n em back on :)

Pic's?

yep x2 see the connection if you leave them on and go off road its snag, tear, rip ,dent,(which some times dents the rocker panel and not just the running board.), you get the idea.

nice sliders or other if you arent trying to build a stock original.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom