Side mirror auto-retract 2013 LC???? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

kcjaz

SILVER Star
Threads
Can anyone confirm for me that a 2013 LC 200 does not have the auto-retract feature for the side mirrors. My 2013 has never pulled in the mirrors when the ignition is shut off so if I have this feature its been turned off. The manual I have says nothing about auto-retract.

Currently I'm trying to solve an issue with my passinger side mirror. When I start the engine, the mirror moves to an extreme open forward posisition from its initial "normal" position. If I hit the retract button, it folds all the way in to the correct closed or folded position but when I hit the button again, it goes all the way to its extreme open position. I know the retract actuator has an issue with its internals that index the mirror's position. I plan on replacing it. What makes no sense to me is why is the mirror moving at all when the ingition is turned on? The driver side mirror functions correctly. I'm wondering if there is an auto-retract signal going to the passinger side mirror?

I have a 2013 LC and do not have auto mirrors...

...but, if I hit retract the mirror button before I turn off the ignition, and then hit the mirror button again after the ignition is off the mirrors will open automatically when I turn on the ignition.

Can anyone confirm for me that a 2013 LC 200 does not have the auto-retract feature for the side mirrors. My 2013 has never pulled in the mirrors when the ignition is shut off so if I have this feature its been turned off. The manual I have says nothing about auto-retract.

Currently I'm trying to solve an issue with my passinger side mirror. When I start the engine, the mirror moves to an extreme open forward posisition from its initial "normal" position. If I hit the retract button, it folds all the way in to the correct closed or folded position but when I hit the button again, it goes all the way to its extreme open position. I know the retract actuator has an issue with its internals that index the mirror's position. I plan on replacing it. What makes no sense to me is why is the mirror moving at all when the ingition is turned on? The driver side mirror functions correctly. I'm wondering if there is an auto-retract signal going to the passinger side mirror?
If it is having trouble with the limit or location index switches it may be confusing the control module and ignition on could start causing odd behavior. I’d attempt to sort out the known issue before worrying about the ignition on/off behavior.

I installed this.
OBD Module Window Closer+ Mirror Auto Fold+ Speed lock For Toyota Land Cruiser 200 LC 200 FJ200 2008 2015 Accessories| | - AliExpress
My mirrors retract when the vehicle is locked and extend when unlocked.
If you hit unlock 3 times, the windows roll down.
It will close the windows and sunroof after pressing lock 3 times.
So far, its been a great purchase.

do you have to use the remote referenced in the link, or this works with the 3 clicks on the OEM remote?

do you have to use the remote referenced in the link, or this works with the 3 clicks on the OEM remote?

The window roll-down feature is already available on all US spec 200’s. My 08 can do this by simply holding the FOB unlock-button down. Then roll-up via the door handle if you’re carrying g the FOB. Very handy to let hot air out in summer, or to roll up windows when you forget and exit.

No auto-mirror though.

This is an extract from the 2013 Owner's Manual (page 104) and it seems to indicate (to me anyway) they will automatically extend and retract:

1-3.
Adjustable components (seats, mirrors, steering wheel)

LX570_U (OM60G53U)

Outside rear view mirrors

Folding back the mirrors

Putting the outside rear view mirror folding switch in the neutral position sets the mirrors to automatic mode. Automatic mode allows the folding or extending of the mirrors to be linked to locking/ unlocking of the doors.

This is an extract from the 2013 Owner's Manual (page 104) and it seems to indicate (to me anyway) they will automatically extend and retract:

1-3.
Adjustable components (seats, mirrors, steering wheel)

LX570_U (OM60G53U)

Outside rear view mirrors

Folding back the mirrors

Putting the outside rear view mirror folding switch in the neutral position sets the mirrors to automatic mode. Automatic mode allows the folding or extending of the mirrors to be linked to locking/ unlocking of the doors.
Maybe for the LX but my 2013 LC doesn’t do that.

Agreed. My friend’s 2013 LX has 3 positions on the switch. In, out, auto. My 13 cruiser is only in or out.

sorry I wasn't paying attention to LC vs LX.

The reason I jumped in was that mine won't auto retract in the neutral position and I was looking for info on why it's not doing it.

sorry I wasn't paying attention to LC vs LX.

The reason I jumped in was that mine won't auto retract in the neutral position and I was looking for info on why it's not doing it.
Hmmm, wonder if the LC are pre-wired for auto retract and a LC to LX switch switch-a-roo might do the trick?

Hmmm, wonder if the LC are pre-wired for auto retract and a LC to LX switch switch-a-roo might do the trick?
The switch is in a different location and not the same form factor so it might be difficult to do cleanly. Plus LX and LC have very different wiring harnesses so it is entirely plausible the cruiser doesn’t have the wiring or logic by default.

Would be interesting to see whether it is possible though.

The switch is in a different location and not the same form factor so it might be difficult to do cleanly. Plus LX and LC have very different wiring harnesses so it is entirely plausible the cruiser doesn’t have the wiring or logic by default.

Would be interesting to see whether it is possible though.
Yah, I figured it would've been that easy or the experts on this forum would've been all over that easy mod

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom