Side Mirror Assembly question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I took apart my drivers side mirror last night to try fixing the other mirrir problem< the whole housing wobbling. not the shaky mirror.
anyways, I think I am missing a part and was wondering if anyone had an illustrated parts diagram for this assembly so that i might verify what i have...or have not.

buhler.....anybody.....

Generic.
rvmiror.JPG

well, that shows me what the outside looks like :flipoff2:

was hoping for the internals though

I have not checked it out for the 80 series, but Spector off-road has a good on-line catalog with pictures for the 40 series.

No endorsment of the prices, quality, or service. Just an on-line resource for parts illustrations.

no problem..just giving you a hard time. thatnks for posting what you had.

Tewlman, did you ever get your mirror finished. I got mine from a fellow mudder this week for a good price and was looking for a diagram to put it all back together (ran across this thread), but could not find one here. Anyways, I was playing with the mirror last night to figure it out, and it all came together and I figured out how to take them apart and reassemble (at least I hope so). If you or anyone else wants pics while I put one back together, let me know. I will take pics and post them up. Wanna work on it in the morning, but short of time, so maybe Sun.

Rudy

S.Carolina,

Are you talking about just the mirror itself wobbling. If so, its probably one of the two tabs that have a vertical rectangular slot in them is broke, so it is hanging by one side. Easy fix, and there are a couple of threads with pics from other members. I fixed mine by fabbing a piece of aircraft aluminum with the same slot and then epoxing it to the housing. Works like a charm took about 15 minutes, and the new one will last much longer than the rest of it.

Dave

S.Carolina,

Are you talking about just the mirror itself wobbling. If so, its probably one of the two tabs that have a vertical rectangular slot in them is broke, so it is hanging by one side. Easy fix, and there are a couple of threads with pics from other members. I fixed mine by fabbing a piece of aircraft aluminum with the same slot and then epoxing it to the housing. Works like a charm took about 15 minutes, and the new one will last much longer than the rest of it.

Dave

I meant to take pics but my camera is being a PITA (time for a new one)! Take the screw out from underneath; then slighty pry the mirror upwards and the mirror and motor should come out. After that, you can pull the mirror from the the motor and put a new one. I will try to get pics in the morning or the tab that is borken on the one I bought. I will try again with the camera.

Rudy

I meant to take pics but my camera is being a PITA (time for a new one)! Take the screw out from underneath; then slighty pry the mirror upwards and the mirror and motor should come out. After that, you can pull the mirror from the the motor and put a new one. I will try to get pics in the morning or the tab that is borken on the one I bought. I will try again with the camera.

Rudy

:bang: ignore my 2 cents!. Well it gets the mirror off but pressing the other mirror on is another story. Everything was going well, but when pushing the "new" mirror on to the motor mounts I cracked the mirror. So now, even the new cracked mirror is better, now I have the wobble too. Tought I was more mechanically inclined, but guess not. :bang:

I have printed versions after some asked me to make a set.

I have printed versions after some asked me to make a set.

Just ordered! I was hearing a lot of wind noise on drivers side and assumes the door seal was compromised somewhere but after a once-over it appeared fine. Saw this cap was missing and I think it’s just creating a bunch of wind noise that I’m hearing through the glass.

Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom