Side Mirror Arm Placement (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I saw this is in an old magazine. Has anyone put their side mirror arms here? I'm not happy with the passenger side mirror when attached to the windshield hinge. I can't get it adjusted enough to be useful. This seems like it would be a better spot, except for drilling a few holes which I don't mind.
photo.jpg
photo.jpg

The holes and captured nuts are already there on mine.....

Kurt's

Kurt from Cruiser Outfitters has his mirrors there. He has a snorkel so I think thats why he did it. It looks cool and is functional with the top and doors off too!

That is where I have my mirrors on my 78. The driverside already has the captured nuts on the inside. If the fuse holder is there, it has to be moved to get a small bit to drill through the center of the nuts to get the right position. Then it is just a matter of enlarging from the outside for a bolt. The passenger side does not have the nuts. Just line up the bracket in the same location as the driverside and mark. The after market arms that are sold for the winshield mount are short. The orginal arms for this installation (early 40,45) are about 3 inches longer. They are kindof hard to find. The shorter bracket work if they are extended out as far as they will go. I do not have any vibration in the mirrors. The mirrors I used have a centered attachment. The pictured mirror in your post attaches toward the bottom. Would appear to allow more arm adjustment.
https://forum.ih8mud.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=121684&d=1171712990/img

can never remember how to repost a picture out of my attachments. grrrr!
attachment.php

Last edited:
Yeah my 67 had stock mirror on the drivers side mounted there, but not sure about the passenger side...maybe, I have pics in my "Garage" photos on my profile. The mirror also had a thin flat spacer under the base between it and the body. Good luck on the install :beer:

Kurt from Cruiser Outfitters has his mirrors there. He has a snorkel so I think thats why he did it. It looks cool and is functional with the top and doors off too!

Copy that, been running mine there for 10 years now, no issues to speak of. I'd honestly prefer them on the w/s hinge as designed so that they would fold over the hood when in the trees (broke two mirrors on the Relic Run a few weekends ago :eek:) but as I have the snorkel I put them lower.

if you cant find toyota mirrors dodge m37 and most military trucks use the same style mirror and they are a little stronger.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom