Side lights on roof rack? Ideas needed (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
A quick background. Rig used mostly for hunting/camping, often in remote locations. I have a Prinsu rack and I'm working on designing the wiring harness for it before I basically rewire all the extra lights on the truck. I bought a Switch Pro controller and plan to run all of the lights through it.

Current lights: Big 9" LED floods on the front bumper, 20" LED light bar, also on front bumper, two LED work lights on rear bumper.
Adding: 40" LED light bar on the front of the rack and a 20" LED light bar on the back of the rack.

Will be making my own harness for the roof rack with trailer wire and quick connects so the rack can be removed without too much fuss. I plan to run it down the driver-side windshield channel, measured it last weekend.

Question for the group. Has anyone run small lights on the side of the rack suitable to use as camp lights? If so, what did you use and do you have some pictures of your setup that you can share? I'm wanting to do this wire harness ONCE, and if it's not too expensive (already spent a lot of $$$ on the controller, lights and components), I'm thinking I might as well get it done now. Hunting season is just around the corner, and after that, there will be a lot less time to fiddle with the truck.

Thanks in advance!!

A couple of quick pictures showing the truck with the aforementioned lights. The fog lights are wired into the stock switch so I will not be rewiring those.
melon harness 1.jpg
Melon harness 2.jpg

I've been eyeing the Rigid A-Series lights... and they are available with angled mounts.

@rb4638
9f8ee6bb-1d49-403d-b2e2-8cee2449719a-jpeg.1689873

Yes, those look great, but realistically out of my budget right now. I like the angled mounts, those would make a lot of sense on the rack.

Well, there are a lot of rock lights that "resemble" those on Amazon as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom