Side Hill Angle Indicator - Where to buy (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Where can i find one of these

IMG_1913.JPG

If you put one of these on do you first zero it out for the cruiser lean?
😂

Cripes. Any time I was on a spooky level-o-gauge angle I was driving my ass off, not looking at a gauge
I don't know about anyone else, but my pucker factor (pucker gauge) is going off long before any level-o-gauge would tell you anything... especially when leaned way over and a wheel starts climbing higher and higher into the sky. Still remember it like it was yesterday... hoping the wheel climbing higher into the sky would come down before the rig went over onto it's side.

I didn't have a gauge on the dash... but I certainly wouldn't have been watching one if I did.

I always loved them. Bought one 25yrs back and thought it was the coolest. But as referenced, never actually used with a lot going on whilst off-camber, balancing 3 pedals with two feet, etc…. Unless stalled out, stuck with a bit of time to look around. 😎

Back to OP, Sun company and Cruiser corp both popped up after quick search. Not sure if SOR still stocks, but that’s where I bought mine back in the 90s.

Nik

Had mine to 35° once 20 years ago and I had plenty of time to stare at that gauge. Foolishly went on a side hill with an auto locker in the rear differential and it pulled the driver's rear wheel downhill. Hit the brakes and slowly eased the 40 into the direction I was leaning. Told my passenger to jump out but he wouldn't. Took a long while to straighten it out and get my front end pointed downhill but we did it. Ass pucker alone was the only thing keeping us from going over. Learned a powerful lesson that day and haven't tried anything like that since.

30 degrees is all I ever took mine to, and that was plenty. Pucker factor was huge. I can't imagine 35 degrees!

Just a thought here. I logged thousands of hours off road on California ranches over the years. One cardinal rule was always to never-ever drive on a side hill. It is not just the angle. IF you start to slide sideways and hit something that stops the slide, you can go over from the momentum. You can continue to slide and end up in a canyon. Where we hunted was steep county with large canyons. IF you survived a roll over the rig may not have ever been salvaged. There were places with just such wrecks that were abandoned where they stopped.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom