Side Dish Recipes (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Wandering through the grocery store trying to figure out what to fix with Tri Tip.
Came up with this;
About a pound and a half of yellow Yukon potatoes quartered, tossed in a bowl of EVOO with rosemary, sage, and S&P.
Put on a cookie sheet with sides, bottom layer was 1/2 of a white onion (cut in rings), potatoes, baby carrots, 1/2 of a big red sweet pepper, 1/2 of a Pablano pepper. Cooked about 6 slices of bacon, and 1/3 of a stick of linguica (poratgee sausage), and drained fat and topped the veg.
Roasted in the oven at 350/400 for about an hour, until the carrots were done.
Roasted a whole clove of garlic, removed cloves & put into a food processor with a scoop of butter, and a scoop of mayo. Used this mix (aioli) to spread on some artisan bread.
Grilled the T tip and rest of the sausage. Drank beer.

20150914_165159.jpg OK here goes, got my TECH SUPPORT with me, he's 15, I'm 51. 20150914_184633.jpg
Before and after pics

Found this in Sunset mag. It said "Weeknight" cooking, but I think it would fit better as a side dish, or maybe a rustic Tuscan breakfast.
Just like the last one I posted in the breakfast section, but could fit dual roles.
From Molly Gilbert's book, Sheet Pan Suppers.
BAKED EGGS with LEEKS and MUSHROOMS serves 4-6 / 30 min

3 tbsp. EVOO + more for baking sheet
8 oz sliced cremini shrooms (about 3 cups)
2 large leeks, sliced thinly into half moons, rinsed well, and drained (about 4 cups)
about 1/2 tsp each kosher salt and pepper
1 tsp fresh thyme leaves
8 eggs
1/4 cup of fresh goat cheese

1) preheat oven to 400 with rack in the center. line a 12x17 rimmed baking sheet with parchment papper and coat lightly with oil.
2) put shrooms and leeks on baking sheet. sprinkle with oil, 1/2 tsp each salt and pepper, and the thyme - toss to coat. spread veggies in an even layer. bake until softened and starting to brown, about 10 min.
3) remove baking sheet from oven but leave oven on. make 8 evenly spaced hollows in the veggies, and crack one egg into each. sprinkle with goat cheese and S&P to taste.
4) return sheet to oven and bake until egg whites are set but shiney and yolks are still runny, 8 -10 min; jiggle sheet to check softness of yolks.

I think the creative side could alter afew things and make it their own.
-Jim

@FLATU8ER Something like this? I added diced potatoes and some meatless chorizo (yeah, wtf?). I cooked it a little too long and the yolk set but the wife liked it and would have it again. Oh yeah, I forgot to sauté the spinach first so I added the leaves when I added the eggs...bad idea. All that did was crisp them. I was up against the clock tonight, poor form on my part.

ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1444095458.588302.jpg

ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1444095477.838901.jpg

...via IH8MUD app

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom