side defrost tubes? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi all -

I have a 1977 FJ-40 that came to be by way of California. I'm going to pull the heater (front heater, no rear), and use one of Shane's kit to rebuild it.

Is there an obvious way to tell if my truck originally had the side defrost tubes that pointed towards the side windows? Was that an option, or standard? Wondering if I should try to dig up a couple of those as I worked on refurbishing the truck.

Thanks,

Steve

Hi all -

I have a 1977 FJ-40 that came to be by way of California. I'm going to pull the heater (front heater, no rear), and use one of Shane's kit to rebuild it.

Is there an obvious way to tell if my truck originally had the side defrost tubes that pointed towards the side windows? Was that an option, or standard? Wondering if I should try to dig up a couple of those as I worked on refurbishing the truck.

Thanks,

Steve

There will be two holes, one on each side, on the front of your dash near the door. Under the windshield hold down bolts or knobs. They are about an inch or a little more if I remember from my old 1979.

This is from Spector Offroad
Defrost.gif

These were a option and I believe the 78 model was the first year they were available. If they were a option when your FJ40 was made the spot for the side defrost hose will be there. Non side defrost 40s the area where the hose plugged will be solid not open.

Thanks for the info, guys. I just trudged through the snow to my shop to take a look, and my truck doesn't have the holes in the dash. Two less parts to replace, then!

Thanks for the help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom