side body decal/sticker removal (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi All!

Does anybody know how to remove the side body decals/stickers without damaging or leaving a mark on the paint ? I made a searched but could not find anything.

Thanks,

Nonong

I removed my pin striping years ago without much trouble; not sure if you are referring to larger decals like they have overseas... A heat gun on lowest setting is helpful or a hair dryer would work too i suppose... NAPA or other auto parts stores sell a pin striping / sticker removal tool for a drill - it's about $20 will easily burn off stickers without damaging your paint... Good luck!

Many years ago I had an Isuzu Amigo with graphics all over the side. An old credit card, and some orange peel oil product was all that was needed to remove all the decals and sticky residue.

BTW after the Amigo engine blew at 56K... I went back to toyota and never looked back.... A dark shadow in my past......

jgray,

Unfortunately it's not just a pin stripe but a larger decal. I'll try a hair dryer on a small edge and see what happens. I have attached photo.

Mxndrnks,

I'm reluctant to just use a scrapper as the decal is a bit large. Anyway I guess I'll just have to try to peel an edge too.
The Isuzu Trooper was released here in the Philippines. However the engine head and the injection pump has always been a problem for the owners.

What I'm concerned is what happened to a friend who removed the decal. Although the decal was completely removed but it left a mark on the paint where the decal edges are.
30012011024.jpg

are you from the philippines? there is one store selling body decals it would be nice to retain the decal distinct for a GCC spec:idea:

Depends on where your at but I took an old 85 mini truck to a body shop and had them do it. It cost $40 and they buffed out any edges that were left behind. It looked great afterward and for the price it was worth it to me to not have to worry about damaging my paint.

vxlc80,

Yes, I'm located in the Philippines and I think I know what shop you are referring to. However my LC100 is not a GCC version as indicated in its VIN #. It says "General Countries" as its intended market. I guess those decals were not just an option for the GCC version. I think they cost about $400/ set. It is just my personal preference not to have body decal.

jgray/RMPIPE,

Considering the price of the 3M stripe off wheel plus freight and taxes , I will try to visit a paint shop and see how much they will quote me.

I was also facing this problem one year ago. I was thinking to remove the sticker without any harm on the the surface. I asked many people and visited custom stickers . The representative guided me about the removal. I used the hair drier for the removal of sticker. I will suggest you to use the heat gun or hair drier. But be careful when you peal it off. Use you nails for pealing it off. Peal it off from one corner and gradually continue. For the removal of residue you can use thinner, petrol and alcohol . Try it. Good luck.

I took those EXACT stickers off my 100 on Monday.

They are a pain to get off!

Warm them up with a hair dryer, slowly pull them off, try to keep them in one piece, as soon as they break they are difficult to get started again.

They will leave a sticky residue. You have to use petrol and then a clean cloth to rub the sticky residue off. Don’t worry about the petrol on the paint, just use a soft cloth or tissue.

As soon as you are done wash the area very well with detergent, polish and wax. You shouldn’t have any issues. It took me about 2 hours to get the stickers off and then another two with petrol and clean cloths to get the residue off, and then another hour for the wash. It was a full day job.

can somebody enlighten me as to why these stickers are so popular in the Middle East -and apparently elsewhere in the world too-?

can somebody enlighten me as to why these stickers are so popular in the Middle East -and apparently elsewhere in the world too-?

Reminds me of the reverse Nike stripe on my '88 Toyota pick up

Sent from an outhouse

Leave the Turbo letters. Its sweet! (not really)

Slow and easy with a heat gun and your fingers and Goo- Gone or similar to get the adhesive off. Wash and wax. Ta-da!

I have a Land Cruiser 100 series model number HZJ105R-GNPNSQ-5 what i am after is side stickers for this vehicle any idea where i can buy these stickers from

I have a Land Cruiser 100 series model number HZJ105R-GNPNSQ-5 what i am after is side stickers for this vehicle any idea where i can buy these stickers from

You're looking to add the pinstripe decal? That's interesting... You could probably just look around for "pinstripe sticker" or something like that. I don't think they sell the specific land cruiser stripe sticker.

95% of the members here are located in the US. We did not get the decals from Toyota here. You may have better luck on a middle eastern board (Dubai, etc). They had the graphics from the factory.

I would live to get my hands on a 100 decal set! Would make for a very unique 100 here in the states. Tacky but factory. I like.

Shane recently made a set for the 60/62 crowd. If there is enough interest, I'm sure he could make a set for the 100 crowd.

I actually like the decals very much.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom