sick cruiser (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Help with sick cruiser

So im on vacation in martha's vineyard and my cruiser decides to play some games with me. Not the right place for something to go wrong. I go to start it on my lunch break and it doesnt start. Sounds like its trying to start but just wont turn over. I jump it and add some water to the battery and its fine for two days. then its dies again i jump it and no luck, then it work after being jumped in the morning. last night it wouldnt start again so i jump it and no luck again, this morning it turns over after a few attempts at jumping but if i didnt give it any gas the revs would simply drop to zero and car would stall out, so i drove it home by putting it in neutral and keeping revs up while stoping and putting it in gear around 1000rpms. try it again after work today and its as if nothing has been wrong. has anyone experienced trouble like this. what are some possible causes and what am i in for in the area of repairs. :confused:
thanks again
-Jerome

Last edited:
Hmm, im sure some smarter people will chime in but to me it sounds like there are two problems....
1. possibly bad starter contacts, replace them...its easy
2. check the air tube that goes from the air box to the engine, after years of changing filter the wrong way and keeping mine connected, it got a huge crack on the underside....that could be what is causing the low revs. mine did exactly the same thing.

Take your battery to a parts stiore and have them check it. Could have a bad cell or something intermittantly is draining the battery.

You just have to go through one thing at a time.

Make sure you have a good ground contact.

I'll basically parrot Brandon's comments exactly. SQUAWK!!! POLLY WANTS A NEW BATTERY! SQUAWK, SOUNDS LIKE YOU CRACKED THE INTAKE TUBE IN THE PLEATED AREA ON THE BOTTOM!!

DougM (who hates large pet birds...)

Doesn't sound like starter contacts - test the battery.

SQUAWK!

Yeah, what TX said. Forgot I was going to disagree with the starter issue if the trucks engine is turning over but there's not enough juice to start it. If it's NOT turning over, revisit the starter issue, but I think you've got a battery issue here plain and simple. It's an industry statistic that more batteries die from the heat of summer than the cold of winter.

DougM

Test the batt but I would also meter the fuseable links and alt feed to the batt as well as pull and clean the battery connections.

I want to hit the horse too. :flipoff2:

BATTERY! CHECK IT!

thats what i thought but wanted to check and see if i should be looking for anything elsei dont know to look for, like the cracked air tube. its not starter contacts i had them replaced a about 3000 miles ago. thanks again guys.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom