Shuts off after choke goes back in. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I can keep it running with the choke on but when i push it back in it dies. It happened from one day to the next. By the way this is Tweaks Dad. FJ60

Vacuum leak? Or if you can keep it running by raising the idle speed with the gas pedal rather than the choke, it might be a faulty fuel cut solenoid on the carb.

There might problem on idle circuit in carburetor.
First, check fuel cut solenoid valve following 60was's opinion.
Second, remove carb and clean idle passage ans slow jets using with spray carb cleanner.
But best solution is whole carb rebuilding.

Oh, Min Seok

this is TwEaK now lol the carb looks new ill make shure to clean out the passages and check it out where exactly is the idle circuit in the carb?? and would it need replacing if show how do i go about doing that?
TwEaK

my problem was that the coating on the xhoke cable was all cracked and brittle, and the cable itself was binding up.
replaced the cable, and now i keep it lubed, and no more problems
hammer

Stupid question but how long was it running before you pushed the choke in?

I think you are saying that the truck refuses to idle with the choke in. This could indicate that the Fuel Cutoff Solenoid is not functioning properly. The FSM has the steps for checking FCS function. The cause is often that the fusible link burned out.

M

It could also mean that the throttle linkage is out of adjustment. That is what was wrong with mine. Once I bent it properly to specification, everything was fine.

Fuel filter?
clean carb, (get can of "Cleaner" read directions, have at it
run some fuel additive (in the fuel tnak) that abreaks down H2O in the tank.
After cleaning take it on a nice drive, ask it, WILL it to idle correctly.(I beg a lot)

mud or dirt in the carb maybe. I've had this problem with other vehicles. not too sure about the carby cleaner though. best pull the top off and blow it with air

can someone take a pick and show me where the fusible link is???? i put a test light today and saw the only wire going to the carb checked it and still working so mayb im just lost and can someone give me some more detailed idea or w/e?
Thanks
TwEaK

sry for bump but need to fix b4 dad comes home for surprise
TwEaK

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom