Show us your wheels! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I have a feeling this is going to be a very short thread. :frown:

18" ATS Cetus mounted with Nitto Terra Grapplers

05_Driveway.JPG

Foose spank 20". Not on my vehicle anymore, only installed for photo purposes
DSCN0342.jpg

I had an opportunity to buy some of those Cetus wheels from a guy on Ebay for $100. For the entire set! With tires! He ran an auction on Ebay but wouldn't ship so they didn't sell. He just happened to live 10 minutes from me. I'm still kicking myself for that one. I could have turned a nice profit. I sold the foose wheels shown above for a $400 profit.

I am extremely happy with the Cetus wheels.

If I remember correctly, they are made by BBS (a German company, I think) under the Brand Name ATS.

BWAAHAAA!!! I forgot about that shot! Rollin' on chrome...

Hey Wilesy,
When you had that front TJM bumper paint matched, did they take the top, chrome bar and black trim pieces off or just tape around them to paint? I'm going to get that exact bumper and was wondering how hard it is going to be to paint match the bumper.
Thanks,
GB

Wilesy, what size tires are you running, do you have the OME lift?

Greg B said:
Hey Wilesy,
When you had that front TJM bumper paint matched, did they take the top, chrome bar and black trim pieces off or just tape around them to paint? I'm going to get that exact bumper and was wondering how hard it is going to be to paint match the bumper.
Thanks,
GB

The black bumperettes are removable by just 2 Allen key nuts, and they were removed to have the bumper painted.

It has been done in 2Pac paint, though it is a little more expensive to have done, it has really shown it's strength over the past few months, and it holds a shine extremely well.

Wilesy, what size tires are you running, do you have the OME lift?

I am running 285/75R16 All Terrains.

I have a 2 inch lift all around and I have the series 2000 TJM suspension with XGS Gas shocks.

The difference in ride over standard is nothing short of amazing.

The comfort is much more supple, without any body roll on the corners and it handles 2nd grade dirt roads like it's on rails.

I am very happy with what I have chosen so far.

ack.sized.jpg

Thanks Wilesy... I am getting the 285/65R18 BFG AT's for my stock 18 wheels (both are about 32.7"). Was trying to figure if I should get the OME lift first or the tires... I'll go with tires first and then the lift, from the looks of your set up I have room left in the stock hieght for the tires

Damn, those BFG's lookk larger than the Nittos on my truck.

Nittos are 325/60/18's and according to Nitto measure 32.99".

The BFG's are great tires though, I have nearly 60k miles on a set and they look good as new. Clean mud well and perform decently on wet roads.

Nittos are almost equal in my opinion though, may be a little quieter on pavement.

I do like the 3 ply sidewalls on the BFG's though. At work theres a ton of rocks that slice our 8 and 12 ply tractor tires.

Doug

Last edited:
Yo Yo Yo...

Maybe when my when my Rapping career takes off, I'll sport something like this :grinpimp: :flipoff2:
792922_2_full.jpg
792922_3_full.jpg
792922_4_full.jpg

Hey MacNeil

I noticed you have your wheels powder coated and you used to have chrome wheels. Were they able to powder coat over the chrome?

LX_TREME said:
3 pcs Lowenhart LD-6 ->$ 6000.00 just 4 rims plus Pirelli Scorpion Zero tire cost $ 475.00 buks a piece and JDM cat back dual exhaust system $ 1300.00 USD :grinpimp: :grinpimp: :grinpimp:

So let me get this straight, you spent $8000 on those tires and wheels? :eek: I guess there's different flavors for different folks. I'm surprised to see you on this board and with almost a thousand posts too. Do you have another Cruiser that you take offroad? Just wondering what keeps you interested in the off-road community.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom