Show us your rear work light (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Check out APounder's build thread, he cut out two holes in his rear tailgate and installed flush mount LED's
His seem more like auxiliary reverse lights than work lights though. At least I know I want a light that is useful when I have the tailgate open and am working on something. Not saying it isn't cool (it is), but may not work well as a general purpose work light.

I simply have a rigid dually mounted on a tab in the spare tire carrier.

No offense, 98_snake_eater, but I would much rather have two wide beams as opposed to 6 spots. The lighting would be MUCH better and the amp draw much less. Although given your amount of lights (in this setup and the previous one) you dont seem to care in the slightest for amp draw.

I actually have plans for a single flood light on an adjustable pole that will either mount on the spare or cooler swing out for tailgating, but I need the higher intensity lights for when I'm working out in the field or in last night's case, a huge bus yard :redface:

As for current draw, the majority of the time I'm working, my rig is set to fast idle (1200-1500RPM's) to keep the interior freezing and the OBA running at full tilt ;)

Interesting on the Hitch. We've got just plain old Reese here. Not sure they offer anything like this, but it's just a better hitch the way it's set up than the US-port-installed ones.

Yeah, they are just reverse lights, but wanted to know you had that base covered. Mine are actually a high-output bulb and did yield considerable improvement, but definitely not a work light. I plan on doing some hatch lights for when it's open in camp.I'm certain that if I depend only on that the stuck when I'll need them most will be one when I can't open the hatch. So have to get back to this sometimes myself.

SNIP

The rear "Hitch" (We call it a tow bar lol) is from Hayman Reece. Pretty much the main Tow Bar places in Australia.

http://www.haymanreese.com.au/

This is pretty much a factory fitted bar.
toyota_landcruiser_80_series_tr34tc_long_ranger_fuel_tank_rear1.jpg

Oh yeah, I have upgradedthe Bulbs to LED, to be honest what I had before was betetr!

I actually have plans for a single flood light on an adjustable pole that will either mount on the spare or cooler swing out for tailgating, but I need the higher intensity lights for when I'm working out in the field or in last night's case, a huge bus yard :redface:

As for current draw, the majority of the time I'm working, my rig is set to fast idle (1200-1500RPM's) to keep the interior freezing and the OBA running at full tilt

I guess that makes more sense, gotta have hand throttles right?

I went with something small. Puts out some light...
Rear.jpg
Rear2.jpg
Side2.jpg

This is very cool, how about a closeup on the attachment points. It would be slick under the op's spoiler!

Snake, with a bit more alignment you might actually burn a hole in this garage door!
image.jpg

I don't have a rear work light yet but it will be 100% useful with rear hatch open or closed. All I have thus far is some LED reverse lights.

I don't have a rear work light yet but it will be 100% useful with rear hatch open or closed. All I have thus far is some LED reverse lights.

Very important point! Even with my spoiler mounted light bar, I still may add a work light to my spare tire carrier (if I ever get it done). I have tried a LED worklight powered by my Toyota 120V plug mounted to my rear cross member which is great as well.

...I have tried a LED worklight powered by my Toyota 120V plug mounted to my rear cross member which is great as well.

Yeah, if a temp set-up works for your needs, keep in mind your inverter and whatever LED lighting you have at home. The very low draw of LEDs means you can use standard work lights in various form factors equipped with them with even low wattage inverters. This also works with CFLs, as they typically have a very low draw, too. I've got a honking big one -- too big really for trail or camping use -- that can light up a barn dance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom