Show us your rear work light (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.gorillaindustries.com.au
Hey all,

I would like to install some sort of work/reverse light.

My tints are pretty dark, and at night, I cant see anything in my reverse camera. I want to install some sort of small light bar in the rear mainly for this. I would like it subtle..I dont have a rear bar/wheel carrier, just the standard.
decals-6_zpsabe1c738.jpg

Thanks everyone!

Off topic, but, wow, I like the rear spoiler you have.

SNIP... I would like it subtle..I dont have a rear bar/wheel carrier, just the standard....

The subtlest install is to replace the OEM bulbs with high intensity bulbs. Looks exactly like stock and no new wiring needed.;) I don't recall the brand name/part number for here in the US, but suspect it may be different than what you may have available. Maybe someone will recall? That's what I'm running, although I suspect you're looking for something to really light things up back there.

By now, I would think a high intensity LED replacement/upgrade would be available, but I haven't heard of any. You might try simply crossing the bulb number against a LED lamp list to see what comes up.

BTW, nice truck!:grinpimp:

Tell us more about that rear hitch. We get just a plain ol' port-installed hitch that's just a hitch. Yours looks "improved" -- looks like might be a good place now to get a Hi-Lift jack under her if needed, maybe recovery points, etc? It also looks like it tucks better under there than our port-installed hitch.

Last edited:
Here are mine

1412038230107.jpg

another

1412038505767.jpg

I got a cheapie little
trip 005.JPG
60 degree LED flood light on the roof and 80 watt LED reverse lights. No complaints with either one.

I'd figure out a way to mount some LEDs to that spoiler.

2011-08-30 07.34.15.jpg

This is what I got, but looks like with your spoiler it's a no go. I find the brightness (72W LED) just barely adequate with the factory Lexus tint. It's wired into the reverse circuit with a relay as well as a manual override switch.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
Switches select rear aux lights on, off, or auto with reverse. Other switch is all interior lights on, normal, or all on with any door or hatch. Knob/switch is amp and sub control:)

Few extra on the hatch too.
image.jpg

Awesome..thanks guys...I dont know about those...they dont seem too subtle..Where can I get that mount from, and what size ligth does it hold?

The Wing is the OEm from Japan I imported myself.

The rear "Hitch" (We call it a tow bar lol) is from Hayman Reece. Pretty much the main Tow Bar places in Australia.

http://www.haymanreese.com.au/

This is pretty much a factory fitted bar.
toyota_landcruiser_80_series_tr34tc_long_ranger_fuel_tank_rear1.jpg

Oh yeah, I have upgradedthe Bulbs to LED, to be honest what I had before was betetr!

^^^^ You need to get the projector style CREE led reverse lights. They are the brightest. But still nothing beats a wired auxilary light. I need one too.

Yodateq mount and a 27w light. Nothing subtle about it!

13948284300_0687085611_h.jpg

I have mine angled out slightly to the side.

1412071390134.jpg

1412071441199.jpg

Check out APounder's build thread, he cut out two holes in his rear tailgate and installed flush mount LED's

image.jpg

I simply have a rigid dually (diffuser lense) mounted on a tab in the spare tire carrier.

No offense, 98_snake_eater, but I would much rather have two wide beams as opposed to 6 spots. . The lighting would be MUCH better and the amp draw much less. Although given your amount of lights (in this setup and the previous one) you dont seem to care in the slightest for amp draw.

I think even my single Rigid Dually is even better. Maybe not as intense, but more useable without a doubt

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom