Show me your fj cruiser steelies on 37’s. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

both 80 series alloys and fj cruiser steelies are 4.5 backspacing and with true sized 37s you'll run into issues with rubbing on radius arms on steering lock to lock. when I had the fj cruisers with my MTRs they rubbed like crazy on the radius arms but i attribute that to the MTRs being so big. Probably depends more on actual 37 tire size. I didn't wheel any with those on and switched over to Hutchinsons shortly after (which put the tires 1" further outward to stop the rubbing anywhere)

I liked the look of the steelies but I didn't want to use spacers so i got these after

Not 37s, but how about balding 315s?

IMG_7659.jpg

IMG_7660.jpg

both 80 series alloys and fj cruiser steelies are 4.5 backspacing and with true sized 37s you'll run into issues with rubbing on radius arms on steering lock to lock. when I had the fj cruisers with my MTRs they rubbed like crazy on the radius arms but i attribute that to the MTRs being so big. Probably depends more on actual 37 tire size. I didn't wheel any with those on and switched over to Hutchinsons shortly after (which put the tires 1" further outward to stop the rubbing anywhere)
I don't know about the FJ cruiser Steelies but the stock 80 Alloys are like you said 4.5 back spacing. I was running true 37"x 12.5 16 trxus MT with zero Radius Rub but would rub the Frame and inner wheels on the rear

I liked the look of the steelies but I didn't want to use spacers so i got these after

Last edited:
Last edited:
C60594ED-12D7-4BEA-B4B1-7AFEF5FC5FB3.jpeg
3BE2F255-410C-4545-806A-13BE53BE751D.jpeg

I don't know about the FJ cruiser Steelies but the stock 80 Alloys are like you said 4.5 back spacing. I was running true 37"x 12.5 16 trxus MT with zero Radius Rub but would rub the Frame and inner wheels on the rear

cool. The OP was asking about fj cruiser steelies so i don't know why this thread is littered with non steelies information. Fj cruiser steelies are +15mm offset which is inset that amount which is why true sized 37s rub on the radius arms. 80 stock alloys are 0 offset which is why yours (and the rest of these non steelies) don't.

cool. The OP was asking about fj cruiser steelies so i don't know why this thread is littered with non steelies information. Fj cruiser steelies are +15mm offset which is inset that amount which is why true sized 37s rub on the radius arms. 80 stock alloys are 0 offset which is why yours (and the rest of these non steelies) don't.
So then why did you post up your Hutchinsons ? which are 4.5 back spacing just like stock 80 alloys
OP sorry for the hi jack and i deleted my piks
And in your first post you say FJ steelies and 80 alloys are the same not, and why I posted.

Last edited:
So then why did you post up your Hutchinsons ? which are 4.5 back spacing just like stock 80 alloys
OP sorry for the hi jack and i deleted my piks
And in your first post you say FJ steelies and 80 alloys are the same not, and why I posted.

Bro it’s cool i’m not the mud police or anything. Post whatever. The wheel specs are above which is literally the only thing needed out of a thread like this

Bro it’s cool i’m not the mud police or anything. Post whatever. The wheel specs are above which is literally the only thing needed out of a thread like this
I think we are all here for the same thing sharing information not posting whatever. Your first post is full of miss information and I was just trying to clarify in the nicest way I could for other Readers and backed with a couple of pics. You quoted my post and called me out for doing the same thing you did posting non steelies Pics.
I'm cool but I think you should edit your post so other readers don't think they can't run 37s on stock alloy wheels. ;)
Cheers

Last edited:
I think we are all here for the same thing sharing information not posting whatever. Your first post is full of miss information and I was just trying to clarify in the nicest way I could for other Readers and backed with a couple of pics. You quoted my post and called out for doing the same thing you did posting non steelies Pics.
I'm cool but I think you should edit your post so other readers don't think they can't run 37s on stock alloy wheels. ;)
Cheers

I think the misinformation part might be on your end from not understanding both backspacing and offset. All the wheels we were talking about have 4.5 in backspacing but each has different offset which changes where the position of the tire is. Which is why 80 alloys (4.5 backspace, 0 offset) with 37s work but fjc steelies (4.5 backspace, +15mm offset) don’t and why hutchinsons (4.5 backspace, -10mm) do. I explained this above but the piont obviously didn’t make it across so here is a Link with some pics. I think that’s basically all the guy who posted this wanted to know

I think the misinformation part might be on your end from not understanding both backspacing and offset. All the wheels we were talking about have 4.5 in backspacing but each has different offset which changes where the position of the tire is. Which is why 80 alloys (4.5 backspace, 0 offset) with 37s work but fjc steelies (4.5 backspace, +15mm offset) don’t and why hutchinsons (4.5 backspace, -10mm) do. I explained this above but the piont obviously didn’t make it across so here is a Link with some pics. I think that’s basically all the guy who posted this wanted to know
But I do understand off set if all the wheels have the same back space then the only thing that can change the the off set is the width of the wheel . So if the hutchinsons have the same back space but the wheel is 1" wider that's were the different off set comes in but that difference only moves the inside of tire out 1/2 inch not the full one inch that you claim. and the way you word it it make it sound like the stock wheels would rub just the same as the steelies ;) again just trying to get the right info out there.

Just for clarity, FJ Cruiser steel wheel specifications are 17” x 7.5” w/ +15mm offset. That equates to 4.84” backspacing, which slightly more than stock alloys (4.5” backspacing).

Many people with fender flares run 1.0” or 1.25” spacers with these wheels and larger tires.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom