Show me your doohickeys! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

slceso

... pronounced "Jason"
Threads
I was inspired by @Izzyandsue 's post to start this thread. There are tons of threads on mud about "bestmods for XXX" or other cool mods that I will never do. I wanted to dedicate this one to doohickeys and creature comfort things that We (the royal We) have added (and actually work) and would do again.
I've been surfing stuff for years but rarely get off my duff and make it happen. I could use some inspiration/motivation if you can spare it. Here are some different things I have found and want to add, to give an idea:

Amazon.com: Meirun Tpms,Solar Power Digital Wireless Lcd Display Tire Pressure Monitor System with 4 External Sensors for Home Car: Automotive

Amazon.com: Sony XAV-AX100 6.4" Media Receiver with Bluetooth: Cell Phones & Accessories

BLU R1 HD Smartphone 16GB R0030UU Amazon Prime Unlocked BLACK PLEASE READ | eBay

Amazon.com: Goliton Ultra-thin Car Onboard Electronic Clock Voltmeter Voltage Meter Thermometer Temperature Meter: Automotive

Stuff!
Wits' End, Solutions for Problems You Didn't Know You Had

CUP HOLDERS!
Products | BH3D Printing

FJ80 Rear View Mirror Gentex Intall with pics

Ideas for Adding auxillary 12V DC & 115V AC outlets

+++++ Bonus HDJ81 specific

full set of armor from Cruisin Offroad
Cruisin Off Road - Armour for Land Cruisers - Sliders

GTurbo Grunter (some days 165 hp just not cutting it)
Turbo models

and an INTERCOOLER to complement

I've got two lightbars installed in my ARB. One for driving and the other for offroad. I have a rear lightbar for setting up the tent at night.

I built my own aluminum ATV roof rack. It has a flat profile and is very light. I've modified it for kayak mounts and foxwing awning.

In the near future, I will be replacing the leather on my front seats, adding power to the rear for a fridge, building a drawer for storage, and installing some rock lights.

I've got two lightbars installed in my ARB. One for driving and the other for offroad. I have a rear lightbar for setting up the tent at night.

I built my own aluminum ATV roof rack. It has a flat profile and is very light. I've modified it for kayak mounts and foxwing awning.

In the near future, I will be replacing the leather on my front seats, adding power to the rear for a fridge, building a drawer for storage, and installing some rock lights.
Oh, and I just remembered how much I like your extra trunk lights!

Fridge
Extra hatch lights
Procar seats
Platform combined with wolf pack boxes
Forced induction :)
Hadn't seen the wolf pack boxes before. At first I thought they were the ones that somebody peppered I40 with last year, lol.

I Did one of the HC trips last year (my first drive and camp) and I was so sick of loading and unloading and searching through my IRIS boxes. They're made well but are a bit too large and unwieldy, and not square enough. Was considering some surplus medical chests since I am always family sizing everything. After doing a 40 mile hike last year, I am now taking the less is more route with my stuff, but I'm still way off.

Fridge and a simple drawer definitely on the to-do.

There's somebody here who raves about the surplus medical cases (3 sizes offered IIRC) and the extension bars you can get for them to make them into tables. Search medical case in the main camping forum.
Ya those are the ones I had been looking at, but they are hard to find a good price on and the legs are getting hard to find as well. I know they cost the guv even more, but somewhere there probably is a Raiders of the Lost Ark warehouse full of them rotting away. They have them in sportsman's guide.com also.

(1) Fridge
(2) Extra hatch lights
(3) Procar seats
(4) Platform combined with wolf pack boxes
(5) Forced induction :)

(1) Really want to add a fridge soon.
(2) sever lack of lighting as well.
(3) might have to check them out
(4) Are these the same boxes Forrest has as well? I like those a lot.
(5) ok now you're just being mean. lol :flipoff2:

@slceso one little doohickey I've really come to appreciate, maybe a bit challenging in your 24v vehicle:

I removed the cigarette lighter from my GX and replaced it with a dual USB outlet. It was a direct fit, even the Toyota spades slid right on the USB power flats.

Of course, my posh Creampuff also has a 12v aux outlet on the console from the factory.....

Fridge
Extra hatch lights
Procar seats
Platform combined with wolf pack boxes
Forced induction :)

Can vouch for the fridge, hatch lights, better seats, sleeping platform/drawer storage. Hatch lights were a game changer for me in terms of cooking out of the back of the truck.

Additional things:
HAM radio w/gps
Gazetter for figuring out where I am with gps coordinates from HAM
4" memory foam mattress to sleep on. Sleep like a baby now.
Buddy heater for when it's cold. Turns the truck into a hot box AND keeps the windows moisture free in the mornings.
Larger center console. It's amazing how much stuff I can store in there AND have room for the emergency TP that everyone should carry.

Gazetteer for sure, quite a bit from others on my wish/want/to-do - and......

dib.jpg

Stopped shy of forced induction i see :D
I thought you loved boost.

@erymer the wolf pack boxes are different than the forest5000 boxes. Those are sweet too but too big for me to have multiples in the truck and not have to dig to bottom looking for gear.

Stopped shy of forced induction i see :D
I thought you loved boost.

@erymer the wolf pack boxes are different than the forest5000 boxes. Those are sweet too but too big for me to have multiples in the truck and not have to dig to bottom looking for gear.
hmmm. I might have to get a close up of the wolf boxes. Any chance you can bring one if you're coming Tuesday?

Ill try and remember to bring one. Or send one with steve if i dont make it.

Only warning. I knew they sold SS replacement hinges for a reason. Finally broke a plastic one. Cant undo just two on one side and lift to look inside. Hinge will snap.

Last edited:
Just got my fridge yesterday, man that 80qt is BIG!

What did you get?

Got the Edgestar 80qt, off Openboxdirect.com $329 with free shipping. Scratch and dent, in my case a big corner dent on the non-compressor/panel side. But, powers up fine. 1A draw, so shouldn't affect my dual battery setup. So drawer system is in the works...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom