Show me your car seats in a FJ40 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Here is some info from race car fabrication days.

When you install shoulder straps the mounting point for that strap should be above the shoulder. If not you will likely crush the spine when you are in an accident. When you are in an accident and you begin to tighten on the shoulder strap and if they are bolted to the floor it will want to compress your body down and crush your spine. If the straps are mounted above the shoulder this will not happen, as you begin to tighten it will not compress your spine it will just stop you from moving forward.

If you look at any vehicle with factory shoulder harness they maybe bolted to the floor but there is a rotational point above the shoulder where the strap comes through before it goes into the latch. I see so many improperly installed 4-5 point harnesses it scares me.

HTH's
Daryl

I like Alex's setup. You're saying that your seat is 54". Too to know the size which can fit 3 kids.
Does it counts the armrest in those 54"?

Mine are out of a honda prelude....love them very comfy and easy to fab into place too.
Both seats slide and both back rest fold back to horizonal positions for the quick road side nap!
IMG_2784.jpg

Wow, I remember those car seats. Safety at it's finest.

Still better then nothing... ;)

Rear Seat Hotness

Thanks to jmdaniel I have a new to me set of rear seats for the back. They started out as van seats that were modified and recovered to match Scat Pro90 seats. Of course that meant I had to updgrade those as well.
IMG_2821.jpg
IMG_2810.jpg

:doh: It helps when you read the first post thoroughly. My bad.

I have been putting some thought on that as well! I have a 3 1/2 and a 1 1/2 year old and didn't really want to throw another seat back there but I'm trying to figure out some way to mount their seats in!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom