show me youe steering damper with specs (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
gents,

need your help here. just installed a saginaw P/S box on my 40. What a big difference. now, problem is steering is too sensitive and soft. it makes my rig "dance" while i drive it. thinking of installing a steering damper. could you show me how you done it and kindly tell me what sort of damper you guys used.

TIA

They came from the factory with them... I

Many companies make dampers. They do help take some of the sensitivity out of the power steering and provide a bit of 'feedback'. Just don't expect a miraculous cure for your dancing issue.

Steering Stabilizers CCOT carries the OEM for :eek: money and the HFS a bit more reasonable. They also have a cool pin kit that allows any steering shock to be mounted in the OEM location. First I had heard of this one. :clap:

They came from the factory with them... I

Yeah they did...but they also came with extra rods and TREs that were not really necessary too. If you put in a 3 turn box, a steering dampner won't help, If you got the 4 turn box you don't need a steering dampner...find and fix the real problem.

If you put in a 3 turn box, a steering dampner won't help, If you got the 4 turn box you don't need a steering dampner...find and fix the real problem.

True, he did not state exactly what he installed. :D

I never put steering dampers in my PS conversions. They mask problems, they do not solve them. a properly done steering system does not need a damper. At the moment I have two rigs on 40x18 boggers, one on 39x15 swampers, a couple of 38x15 swampers parked at the shop. A couple more on 36s a couple on 35s. no dampers on any of them.

Mark...

Proper alignment needs checked first. Really makes a diff. You didnt mention if susp was factory or not ie lifted,SOA etc...???

Listen to these guys. Having said that I saw a deal on a matching Rancho steering stabilizer for a 60/70 series front end for cheap and grabbed it, (my front end is all 60/70 series TREs etc). This will go with nice and purty with my Rancho shocks. :grinpimp: Hopefully it will keep my steering smooth as well, although I will take it in to get aligned when I slap on the 35s.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom