Should this be connected? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
This is still the truck with the wires not connected in the yellow connector. I resolved that. Truck still won't run so i kept looking and find this. The washer in my hand was laying down below, the tube is not in place but some other part is on its place(maybe something the mechanic was using to test?) This is at the front end of the injector manifold. I'm sure this was all put together when i brought the truck in.

IMG_20220423_164814464.jpg

IMG_20220423_164802744.jpg

IMG_20220423_164755082.jpg

that copper washer is a seal, if the fuel pump is running, there would be gas leaking at the connection.
so my WAG why your engine is not running is that you have no gas being pumped from the tank.
you can use a wire or paper clip to see if you can jump all the relays to see if the fuel pump will run and pump gas
if that doesn't work, I would look at the connector below the jack mount in the driver rear quarter panel, it will get corroded.
or
you could get into the cargo area and gain access to the wiring by the fuel level guage and run 12 volt directly to the pump wiring and see if the pump will run
depending on what results you get will determine how to procede

that copper washer is a seal, if the fuel pump is running, there would be gas leaking at the connection.
so my WAG why your engine is not running is that you have no gas being pumped from the tank.
you can use a wire or paper clip to see if you can jump all the relays to see if the fuel pump will run and pump gas
if that doesn't work, I would look at the connector below the jack mount in the driver rear quarter panel, it will get corroded.
or
you could get into the cargo area and gain access to the wiring by the fuel level guage and run 12 volt directly to the pump wiring and see if the pump will run
depending on what results you get will determine how to procede
Hello,

I jumped to the fuel pump and it runs, I also hooked up my multi meter to the wires and saw that when I turn the key I got voltage to the wiring there. And I cleaned that connector you told me about below the jack. Still wont start. The reason fuel was not coming out of that connection was because the mechanic had put a plug essentially in place of the hose. Maybe he was doing that to check pressure? Anyway I removed the plug and connected the hose back to that location. So now I could removed the fuel line and see if it squirts fuel when I turn it over as a test to see if the line is plugged somewhere along the route from the fuel tank.

You are near the landcruiser shop I guess now named selkirk offroad in Sandpoint. They work on landcruisers.

is gas being pumped to the engine?
is there gas in the tank?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom