Should I sell or part out beat up fj80? Need advice. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I own a well loved fj80 that has over 300k on it. I got it with minor problems and eventually got hit in a side impact collision to the drivers doors that pushed the door pillar in inch and half. The frame is straight but it has a cracked windshield and broken drivers window as well as dented rear door and minorly dented drivers door. The body isn’t straight on that side it dents inward the two inches or so. The truck drives fine still but has the front driveline out with the diff locked. The tires are shot and the battery got stolen. I have the title and keys and it starts right up, but will it be worth fixing or should I part it out and buy another truck when I find a deal? The engine has an exhaust leak since the accident i dont know where however. Didn’t pass smog has been sitting this last year. What do I do with it?

You could find a body shell for about $600, get some new doors, fix the exhaust, and keep it going. Or part it out. Sounds like it still has some valuable parts on it. Or, hack up the body and make a buggy/crawler.

With a good title, the frame should be coveted by those looking to swap a FJ40 body onto the 80 frame. Or do that yourself.

If you try and sell it as is, you'll likely get around $1k. Parts will be about $2-3k+.

There's a couple relatively cheap FJ80s on CL in Gold Country, if that is near you in Nor Cal.

You could find a body shell for about $600, get some new doors, fix the exhaust, and keep it going. Or part it out. Sounds like it still has some valuable parts on it. Or, hack up the body and make a buggy/crawler.

With a good title, the frame should be coveted by those looking to swap a FJ40 body onto the 80 frame. Or do that yourself.

If you try and sell it as is, you'll likely get around $1k. Parts will be about $2-3k+.

There's a couple relatively cheap FJ80s on CL in Gold Country, if that is near you in Nor Cal.

I went ahead and posted it to the classifieds, as a part out. I guess I need to figure out what reasonable prices are, I have no idea on many of the things. But I’m seeing that there are thousands of dollars of good parts here. I just need to balance the work done to pull them versus the price I get back. I had posted that I wanted to offer Tha parts to people to pull themselves. But I’m seeing that I figure people will not want to drive to get them. Need to figure it all out. Thanks for the advice.

you will probably get better luck posting in the parting out section in the classifieds instead of dealing with people on craigslist

Now that you've decided.......

Let the vultures in with the "How much for a XXXX sent to zip code 12345?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom