Should I sell my 95 FZJ80 for a 16 4Runner TRD Pro (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I love the 5th gen 4runner but atleast here in tampa they are EVERY where. But I get a smile everyone I see a older landcruiser driving around. With that said maintenance and modern features I’d rather have a 5th gen 4runner

Hahaha maintenance is not even close. You don't need to repack birfs or wheel bearings on the 4Runner that's for sure. And 10k mile/1 year oil changes are nice too.

Hahaha maintenance is not even close. You don't need to repack birfs or wheel bearings on the 4Runner that's for sure. And 10k mile/1 year oil changes are nice too.

I'm sure the 4Runner has sealed bearings which aren't nearly as good for offroad. Oh and IFS as well (yuck).

I'm sure the 4Runner has sealed bearings which aren't nearly as good for offroad. Oh and IFS as well (yuck).
Give and take for everything.
Hard to get a truck that would fit all your needs/use cases.
That's why I have two.

Give and take for everything.
Hard to get a truck that would fit all your needs/use cases.
That's why I have two.
Lets face it, there is no perfect 4x4. Everything is a compromise. Even a dedicated 4x for dedicated purposes, like rock crawling, is a compromise (would you want to drive one a a daily commute?). So overlanding, vs rock crawling vs mudding, vs DD and moderate off road use, durability vs cost, weight vs protection and on and on. It comes down to simple needs and wants. Everyone is different and has differing needs. So, drive what you like. There is no answer to everyone's ultimate 4x4. It doesn't exist. In reality, we could each have several different rigs for different uses and still not have all the bases covered.

Like others have said it’s all about what you’re going to do with it... The 80 is going to be a better truck for most Offroad conditions, but the 4Runner is still a very capable truck and obviously far more comfortable on road

An update. I did end up buying the GX. Looks like it'll be a really nice truck for trips and towing our Casita. Gonna find some 17s and put some BFGs on it I think. This thing is in amazing shape!

IMG_20200720_151709502_HDR.jpg

IMG_20200720_151658594_HDR.jpg

IMG_20200726_151307376.jpg

IMG_20200725_125655806_HDR.jpg

My short answer to your question is NO. The long drawn out answer to your question is NOOOOOOOOO!

An update. I did end up buying the GX. Looks like it'll be a really nice truck for trips and towing our Casita. Gonna find some 17s and put some BFGs on it I think. This thing is in amazing shape!

It looks fantastic. Congratulations on the purchase.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom