Should I replace this? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am in the middle of rebuilding the knuckles on my 74 FJ and removing old grease looking for surprises. When I cleaned the inside of hub I noticed a lot striations which makes me think that maybe it should be replaced. Since I have never done this before I am hoping I can get a second, third and fourth opinion. Can you take a look at the picture and let me know what you recommend. If the verdict is to replace then please let me know who I should reach out to. Thanks.
FBBF531C-E30D-45EE-82B2-F48E41E172C5.jpeg

FBBF531C-E30D-45EE-82B2-F48E41E172C5.jpeg

861839AC-ED30-46A5-9EB3-E754229931AA.jpeg

I would replace it. SOR has used ones.

Thanks for the quick reply. Greatly appreciated.

Is this the wheel hub?

I would replace it. SOR has used ones.

What makes you believe it needs to be replaced?

I don't think there's a seal or anything on that surface.

Is this the wheel hub?

What makes you believe it needs to be replaced?

I don't think there's a seal or anything on that surface.

Because I am the type that wants all machined surfaces to be correct. Perhaps just me. Also , how did it get that way ? People can run parts all day long until new ones are needed, and , Toyota built these to be just that. I happen to take the road to know my vehicles are well maintained. But this is not 1975 when FJ40's were meant to be abused and ample parts were close by.

Because I am the type that wants all machined surfaces to be correct. Perhaps just me. Also , how did it get that way ? People can run parts all day long until new ones are needed, and , Toyota built these to be just that. I happen to take the road to know my vehicles are well maintained. But this is not 1975 when FJ40's were meant to be abused and ample parts were close by.
Well you sounded like you just answered your own question. If you need all parts to be correct then replace it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom