Should I put money into this FZJ80 or find a different one? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I've been trying to decide whether to rebuild or replace the two front seats. Seems like getting them recovered is going to be just under $1000, and working for a 4WD shop I can get a pair of most aftermarket seats for about half that.

Yup, you're not too far off the Mark. Looks like Shane's high quality leather seat covers for the front row is $700 and add to that about $100 or so for the bottom seat cushion from CDan. If you went this route, you'd be go for the duration of the ownership!

http://shop.metrictlc.com/Lexus-LX450-Leather-Seats-1996-97-X-01.htm

I felt grateful to leave with only minor body damage and a sphincter that remained clenched for 2 weeks afterward. :D

maybe that's why the leather on 80's always tears up... :grinpimp:

maybe that's why the leather on 80's always tears up... :grinpimp:

Lol. That area definitely installed several new permanent pleats in the drivers seat leather!

Sustained 20 minute long descents on an off camber exposed knifeback ridgeline with major exposure, both feet mashing the brake pedal to the floor, 4-low, full e-brake pull, tight offset trees, with the whole family onboard. Hairy is understating things wildly.

Not going back without a cage/ disregard for my personal safety lol.

Bump for a stalled thread.

What did you end up doing? I'd say you're no crazier than me. I have a '93 that I just put an OME 4" with 35/12.5.17s on. It's got 345,678 miles on just about everything original! No fear. Until this last weekend it was getting about 15mpg on a bad day. Dialed in!

What did you end up doing? I'd say you're no crazier than me. I have a '93 that I just put an OME 4" with 35/12.5.17s on. It's got 345,678 miles on just about everything original! No fear. Until this last weekend it was getting about 15mpg on a bad day. Dialed in!

Ditto that
275,000 and rising at 100 per day, no worries...

Sorry, I didn't see this until just now :)

I still have it, about to hit 243,000, and it's been incredible. Replaced the non-winch bumper with another ARB and installed an S9000 winch, Lightforce lights, and a bunch of other little stuff. I'm getting ready for another round of modifications, but I need to find someone local to give the drivetrain a good once-over first.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom