$$$$ Should I Pay For 80 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.shopraddcruisers.ca
We have a line on a 1993 FZJ80 that is a one owner rig and has 170000 Miles.

Interior is slightly trashed, not sure about E-Lockers or leather. I know certain units did come without leather in those years.

The guy wants 5500.00 through a wholesaler on the other coast, so shipping would be another issue along with importing it into Canada.

After driving one of my customers 80 series my wife had to have one, good ski rig. Seems my 1985 BJ60 is not good enough for here anymore.

It seems like a good price? We are a little apprehensive buying it sight unseen. Its coming from NewYork area.

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
Happy new year.

Rob
www.raddcruisers.ca

I would buy it! Sounds cheap but it could be only worth that much.

I thought it was a good deal, the guy is a wholesaler and was asking aobut 1800 more than the amount I posted.

In conversation I mentioned that we restore and build landcruisers, I then asked what the good guy landcruiser price was and what do ya know.

Thanks
Rob

5500 CA or US? I would also be leary of buying a truck I could not look at in person

Ya, I am kinda leary.

The price is in US dollars.

I would also consider something that has a near dead engine or no engine, we have a 1HD-T with auto trans kicking around looking for a home.

Rob

Rob,
Have someone check it out before you buy it. There are some very expensive parts on these rigs and you wouldn't want to get it home and find a bad ECU, trashed birfs, and a bad tranny. Someone posted recently about finding one that appeared to have been flooded. It's being sold at wholesale for a reason... might be miles, might be rust, might be engine, might be all 3.

-B-

Thanks for the heads up, we do have a customer in the area who I will contact and ask to look at the truck.

That being said I will also ask if it could be taken to a toyota dealship for a full inspection on my of course.

I have owned almost fourty cruisers and more than once have been burned, funny thing everytime my gut feeling told me to walk away and I chose not to listen.

Thanks
Rob

You have to ask your self "why is it selling so cheap and why hasn't anyone grabed it up by now?"
I looked at a newer 80 with low mi. They wanted Blue BooK full price, it was a dog and needed lots of work.

Ya, I know what your saying.

Trying to get the dealer to ship it to a dealer, they are acting like there is no dealer near them on Waterford NJ?

I hope to contact my customer in New Jersey and have him look at the truck.

We get a pile of digitals of the truck later tonight.

Thanks
Rob

Rob:

First, I really admire the work you do...very impressive. I plan to be a customer one day - I really need to replace my old BJ60 and I think I also need a 40...and maybe a 70... :D

For a bunch more $, you could also consider a LX450...something you could at least get in Canada

Cheers, Hugh

[quote author=CDN_Cruiser link=board=2;threadid=9503;start=msg83847#msg83847 date=1073107863]
Rob:

First, I really admire the work you do...very impressive. I plan to be a customer one day - I really need to replace my old BJ60 and I think I also need a 40...and maybe a 70... :D

For a bunch more $, you could also consider a LX450...something you could at least get in Canada

Cheers, Hugh

Thanks for the kind works Hugh.

I recieved the pics tonight, the interior is in very rough shape with some big rips in the upholstery.

My gut feeling is to walk away and find somehting south of me in California.

Rob
[/quote]

Rob, I have the rig for you!!! it's in WA State, one owner 94fzj, diff locks(front at least will not engage, they have had never been used untill I tried em) leather/power seat, green, all options, 250,000 miles, motor burns a bit of oil(but no smoking) still runs great, needs tires and shocks, top seam on rad is just starting to leak, never off road. Ext good shape. Price is the same as the one on the east coast, but you can drive this one home in a few hours.

John H

[quote author=Radd Cruisers link=board=2;threadid=9503;start=msg83250#msg83250 date=1073007491]
Ya, I am kinda leary.

The price is in US dollars.

I would also consider something that has a near dead engine or no engine, we have a 1HD-T with auto trans kicking around looking for a home.

Rob

[/quote]

$$$$ Should I Pay For 80

I bought one sight unseen from a dealer 4 years ago and would never do it again. The guy lied and once the vehicle arrived by a carrier, there was nothing i could do. Still paying for my stupidity.

Paid $5400.00 for my 93 with 138,000. Good leather interior but no lockers. Also came with Outback Roller drawers. From what I've read here, maybe I paid too much. It's been a good truck though. Keep searching...sounds like you may be able to do better for $5500.00. Just my two cents.

Bought my 94 with lockers, no rips in leather (they are hard), no rust, good paint, with ~160,000 miles for $4500US. Saw it on CL in Idaho, flew out and drove it home towing a 73 FJ55. A year later the birfs click so I'm due for a front axle rebuild. I wouldn't buy it sight unseen and I'd be prepared to fly back without it if it wasn't as described.

Wow, this thread is 6 years old.

Sounds high to me. I have seen quite a few in slightly better sounding condition for less money in the Northeast...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom