Should I paint my stock bumpers? (1 Viewer)

Hey guys...I have a black 80 and am toying around with the idea of rattle canning the stock front and rear bumper. I want to replace them with an ARB and Kaymar but it will be a while before that is in the budget. Does anybody have pics of a black 80 with black stock bumpers? Any suggestions on paint? I'm looking for cheap options because $$ is tight.

murf

Lifer
sure, why not? Just clean the bumper real good and prep the surface for best adhesion. The nicest thing would be that you can "touch up" whenever an off-road or parking lot scrape get you.

I think the black out idea would look good. go for it and post up some pics!

After a couple of wheeling trips my stock front bumpers were looking haggared. I used the black duplicolor bedliner spray to refinish it. It looks great! Much better than the scarred up gray. I wouldn't hesitate to spray mine again. FWIW, I also pulled the flairs and duplicolored the uncovered area. It also looks great imho.

Mine is green so a photo won't help you.:flipoff2:

:cheers:

Why not man. Sometimes doing something simple is really satisfying and every time you look at your van your gonna be "Im glad I did that, it looks cool".

D

I found a near-perfect bumper in Washington that came off a '97 LX. It was a something like a bronze color. I painted it and this is what it looks like now.
Regards
DSCN3933b.jpg

Last edited:

LC4LIFE

Supporting Vendor
My Cruiser is black with a Shortbus front bumber. Right after I installed the bumper I blacked out the grill, emblems and painted the rear bumper satin black. It looks way better than the grey. I would recommend it. Its also very easy to touch up or re-spray if they get scratched.

After a couple of wheeling trips my stock front bumpers were looking haggared. I used the black duplicolor bedliner spray to refinish it. It looks great! Much better than the scarred up gray. I wouldn't hesitate to spray mine again. FWIW, I also pulled the flairs and duplicolored the uncovered area. It also looks great imho.

Mine is green so a photo won't help you.:flipoff2:

Pics of your rig would help us with green LCs!!:hillbilly:

I just pulled my flares a week ago and was debating picking up a can of that $7 rattle can bedliner stuff from homedepot... got plastic caps siliconed in the holes for now.... pics Flyrod!!:beer:

After a couple of wheeling trips my stock front bumpers were looking haggared. I used the black duplicolor bedliner spray to refinish it. It looks great!

X2 I painted mine with black duplicolor bedliner spray as well.

Eicca

Professional Noob
Paint the bumper AND the grille chrome (I did my chrome last Friday). Black just looks good on these rigs.

I have a green LC and have an ARB on the front. I painted my wheels and grill black. The wheels just some dupli-color and it has held up the last couple of years. The grill needs to be re-shot just about every year (seems winter/bugs is hard on it). I would spray the bumpers and grill with the bed liner stuff.

I actually just got the top of my LC sprayed Rhino-liner on the top this weekend. It looks good.

I want to paint my truck black!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom