Should I change all the "T" hose connected hoses for safe? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi, I plan to change those two plastic "T" hose in front of the fire-wall. Since I just purchased my 04 LC just a month ago it with 175k and I don't know if the pre-owner changed them or not so far...So I want to do it for safety. Then, Should I change all the "T" hose connected hoses (6pcs) this time?

Judgement call on your part. If they are still soft/pliable then they are still doing their job. They aren't a 'change it immediately' known failure point like the plastic tees. But, they are 16/17 years old like all the rest of hoses.

Personally, I didn't want to think about them until I changed the t-belt again so I did it anyways.

I changed Timing belt this Thursday~then I awared that T hose is a consuming part:(

If I change all those 6 pcs would I lost a lot coolant? should I change all the clamps also?

You won't lose a ton if you are just swapping the tees (but it still makes a mess). I re-used the clamps.

I changed Timing belt this Thursday~then I awared that T hose is a consuming part:(

If I change all those 6 pcs would I lost a lot coolant? should I change all the clamps also?

Replacing the 6 hoses with the heater t's will only result in the loss of around a 1/4 liter of fluid.

If the hoses are original and/or you can find a good price on replacements, I would replace them at the same time. It makes the job easier, but is certainly not necessary.

My clamps were really snug, so I reused them. The T-fittings are barbed, so wouldn't anticipate needing to replace the clamps, but if you find they aren't really tight you can use common hose clamps.

It is unlikely the hoses need changing. You can expect them to last another 100k+ miles. But may want to change just the Ts because that is a $22 easy improvement that will prevent you or family from being stranded with an overheating engine perhaps causing larger problems. If you get OEM Ts you will not need new clamps and easy job. If you get aftermarket Ts they are not the same size and you will need new clamps. The OEM will last another 15 years.

Confirmation about the fix, based on all the suggestions I decided to just replace the T parts, I ordered from Toyota and the parts came in last Friday. I try to install them Friday night and I surprised to found that the origin clamp was changed with some regular hose clamps. I think it means these t hose been changed at least one time. Since my lc100 "only" has 175k, so I think I don't need this fixing right now. I plan to do this fix a couple of months later when the weather becomes a little cooler, now it is so dam hot particularly these weeks...

I try to replace the cooling system and engine compartment fuel line hoses once they are old enough to vote. Vacuum and others once they are old enough to drink.

Keeps old cars happy and healthy for more than a decade.

I try to replace the cooling system and engine compartment fuel line hoses once they are old enough to vote. Vacuum and others once they are old enough to drink.

Keeps old cars happy and healthy for more than a decade.
This a good one😂

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom