Should I buy this 100 Series? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So I found this ridiculous 100 series on auto trader.
Autotrader - page unavailable

502bfd2f61a040d99a5954af17db9f98.jpg

The stealship told me that the previous buyer backed out because he took it to a mechanic for an inspection and the 4wd doesn’t work. They told me that because it’s lifted so high the 4wd won’t engage. I don’t know enough about these to know why that might be so I’m looking for some Insight.
Outside of that it’s a very clean lookin rig with a lot of nice aftermarket parts. My thought is I would buy it. Remove the dumb wheels and tires to sell and put a regular OME lift on.

Please help

this was mentioned on another thread on here funny enough. Looks clean enough.

"4WD doesn't work"

Are you saying the center diff lock doesn't engage, or are the front wheels not getting power at all? These trucks are full time all wheel drive with a center locking diff. The fact the dealer said "it won't engage because it's lifted too much" makes me cringe.

It does look lifted a little high in the front but that shouldn't cause any issues besides poor ride quality, vibration, and possibly torn CV boots (assuming diff drop not installed). You can lower the front very easily by releasing preload on the torsion bars.

"4WD doesn't work"

Are you saying the center diff lock doesn't engage, or are the front wheels not getting power at all? These trucks are full time all wheel drive with a center locking diff.

Yeah I know but I’m just repeating h exactly what I was told by the lady on the phone. I have no idea what that could mean. My only guess is that the driveshaft angle is totally blown out since they lifted it so high. Is it Possible they just disconnected the front drive shaft? Or could it be that something is really jacked up?

Yeah I know but I’m just repeating h exactly what I was told by the lady on the phone. I have no idea what that could mean. My only guess is that the driveshaft angle is totally blown out since they lifted it so high. Is it Possible they just disconnected the front drive shaft? Or could it be that something is really jacked up?

Now that I looked at the price I would run away screaming. The interior looks nice but the "custom" work is pretty bad. The rear bumper is an ugly DIY, the sliders don't stick out far enough, cheapo roof rack, pointless brush bar, horrible rims, I could go on. @Somebodyelse5

Noted. All good points. When I really look at the pictures it’s not as great as I imagined it to be.

I asked them if they would considered a much lower offer know the issues. She said “no, we priced it knowing about 4 wheel drive issue”
The previous buyer took it to a mechanic to have it inspected and they discovered there that the air conditioner and 4wd didn’t work. That shows that the dealership wouldn’t have even disclosed the issues they claimed to have known about..... shady

Yeah, also the rust all over the bottom of the tailgate would be a no go either. I'd imagine the hatch wouldn't be in much better shape

I wouldn't buy that land cruiser

agree with the above. Run away ASAP. not even close to worth $9k

Run from that one. The snorkel is not even connected.

Lol at the "aftermarket" parts on it. I'd love to see a pull on that winch. I'm betting they added spacers and cranked the Tbars to the MAX. The Custom sliders and bumpers are a Kindergarden project, and the basket on the roof is a universal add on, The wheels won't survive one trip because my guess is that they're chinesium.

The 4wd doesn't work? i'm guessing nobody told them it's permanent. A/C doesn't work either? what else is the new owner going to discover?!

And the guys are saying it's got rust?! Hahahaha, keep looking brother.

I'd head for the mountains. Too many odd things going on there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom