Should I buy or not buy (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello!

Recently an offer came up for an 06 LX470 with 190,000 miles, 1 owner, only problem is a coolant leak, and possibly the ahc ( i need to double check it again when i look at the vehicle one more time ) besides that everything else looks good, interior is good just needs a deep clean, exterior 8.5/10.

asking price is $9000 + tax.

is this a good deal? i currently daily a 4th gen 4runner. will probably sell the 4runner if im getting the lx!

please give me some feedback

thank you!

Price are all over the place on them ,in CA........9-20k with similar mileage.

As you know, If you can't diagnose EXACTLY what is wrong with it and fix it YOURSELF it could get very expensive to take it to the dealer. There are plenty that are more expensive but they may have extensive service records and servicing that would make it worth it.

You get a PPI?

Willing to bet those aren't the only two issues. Someone neglecting a coolant leak has skipped a whole lot of things.

I feel like I'm writing a note to myself from years past. Any vehicle that is being sold with an active coolant leak and with an interior that needs a "deep clean" is a pass. It has not been maintained properly. I don't care what you're being told by the seller. I've been down that road with mine. just for starters I would bet money it hasn't had the most recent 90,000 mile service (if you're being told it has, check directly with the shop and/or make sure the receipts are in your hand and haven't been photoshopped or something). Also, unless you're planning on immediately removing the AHC because you want to start your own build, you don't want one with problems. Fixing that alone or replacing it with something else is difficult and expensive.

These vehicles get really expensive, really quick (in both time and money) when they have not been maintained, and it's worrisome that it sounds like you want it as your daily driver. I'd say the AHC and 90k service alone will set you back something in the neighborhood of $5,000. That's the minimum I would budget if I weren't doing all the work myself. If you were to somehow get away spending less than that, congrats, you're luckier than most. But it could be more.

You get a PPI?

Willing to bet those aren't the only two issues. Someone neglecting a coolant leak has skipped a whole lot of things.

Yeah, the original owner sold it to carmax, since the car is old theyre going to sell it as is but they did a full inspection.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom