Should I be worried? (Lunging sensation) (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.cafepress.com
Should I be worried? (Lunging sensation) UPDATE

This morning I was waiting for the traffic to subside so I could pull out of our street. While I was waiting, the Cruiser did a sort of lunge.

I was on the brake, so it didn't actually go. But it felt like if my foot was off the brake it might have gone into the road.

This is the first time it's happened, and heck, it may have been my imagination. But if it was real, what could it have been, and should I be concerned?

TIA!

Last edited:
Perhaps if was burro with a very large A$$...........

(sorry, not many burros in Va)

Hehe maybe so. This was taken in my driveway. The pen across the street usually holds 1 burro and about 5-6 horses. The house next door to that one has a goat in the backyard.

boysncruiser.jpg

not much drool on those windows! mAYBE MY DOG JUST HAS NO MANNERS

Ummm thanks y'all for all you're helpful advice.:flipoff2: I researched online, and found this. Do LC's have torque converters?

"Question: 92 olds cutlass 3.1_mileage: 154000. Hi
guys, my wife's beater is surging (lunging) at idle
and when coming to a stop. She related to me that it
tried to take off while stopped at a traffic signal
(and of course I thought "yea, right"). After taking
it for a spin, it sometimes thinks its in third gear
and stalls when coming to a stop after an extended
ride (25 mi.). This is an intermittent condition. I
had a friend put it on the computer and there were no
trouble codes. He said it might be a transmission
sensor.

Answer: Your car has a lock-up torque converter in the
transmission. It locks-up only in high gear. It is
supposed to disengage at lower speeds. Yours is not
disengaging. There is probably a valve in the
transmission “hanging up”. Having the transmission
serviced with new fluid may help the problem. The
cost is approximately $75.00 (Southern California
Prices). Next step, the valve body will have to be
removed and cleaned. The cost is approximately $200.00."

Also, my windows are pretty funky. The lil one leaves nose-smears all over the inside of the glass. We no longer have the big one. We re-homed him and got a different one, who also leaves nose-slime, just higher on the glass -- for maximum snot coverage.

I wish I had a picture of the side of my truck after some highway driving with the big black bears head out the window. Sorry for side tracking the topic here.

I believe all cars with auto trannies have a torque converter.

Another reason to drive a 60.

My bet is on a Tq converter gone south as well. Inbetween now and when you get it checked out you could shift to N at all stops to avoid the issue.

Did you have the A/C on?

It is possible that you got that sensation if you had a very light foot on the brake and the compressor cycled on which elevates the idle a bit. That "bump" in idle may have been what you felt.

D-

sounds to me like you jsut need to add a little tranny fluid

We find the screen to be fine most often and do not replace it. I can get them and the gasket is not a problem.

How severe was the "lunge"? Did you notice am RPM change on the tach?

cruiserdan said:
How severe was the "lunge"? Did you notice am RPM change on the tach?
It was pretty slight, and it happened so fast, I didn't get a chance to look at the tach. So I dunno.

I just drove it to bucky's for a latte, and it didn't happen again. But it does seems to be more sluggish than usual. I thought that might've been due to the recent cold weather, maybe not?

Also, in the mornings, when I start it, it lets out a big whiney-groany noise that lasts about 30 seconds. I thought that had something to do with the cold weather as well. Maybe it's related?

Aside: OMG I just noticed the dude in your avatar grabs his junk now! LOL!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom