Should I be concerned about this? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I just checked the dipstick tube where it connects to the engine and it is very dirty and wet looking in that area (sorry no pictures). It looks pretty easy to remove so it may be that.
Yes you would be surprised how much oil can spill from there and it is very easy to be confused as upper oil pan leakage. another thing needs to note: before you remove the dipstick tube, clean up all the dirt and sludges around the joint part. make sure it is nice and clean. I didn't do that last time and some sludges dropped into oil pan when I install the dipstick tube. I have to change oil and filters twice in order to wash out any possible dirt. I believe that the oil filter can filter out most of them but still not good thing.

Little update, finally got it all sorted out after almost 10 months (don't ask me how, it's a long story). Thank you all for your helpful advice.

Little update, finally got it all sorted out after almost 10 months (don't ask me how, it's a long story). Thank you all for your helpful advice.
Oh we're gunna ask how lol. Where was the leak coming from ? Give us some info to help the next poor soul who has this issue

Oh we're gunna ask how lol. Where was the leak coming from ? Give us some info to help the next poor soul who has this issue
It turned out that the culprit behind the persistent leak was the front crank seal.

Regrettably, I had to entrust this job to a professional auto shop due to my lack of tools and expertise at the time. While addressing this issue, we decided to go the extra mile by also installing a new timing belt and water pump kit.

When they started disassembly they took off the A/C Condenser, but stripped the aluminum fittings on the discharge pipe, I'll attach a picture.

To complicate matters further, the technician who worked on my vehicle resigned from the shop without documenting the work he had performed or detailing any additional requirements, the combination of that and staff shortages had led to my cruiser sitting there for almost 10 months. Looking back, I probably should have considered having it somewhere else.

The leak is now gone, the area now looks clean and dry with no signs of oil leaking.

Two lessons learned:
1: Do the work myself or take it to a very trusted place.
2: Be gentle with aluminum fittings and/or have replacements on hand.

I also recommend if anyone is servicing their timing belt, and wants to go the extra mile, replace the crank seal, the part number is 90311-40022 and it costs only around ~$15-$25

IMG_3235.jpg

The crank seal is included with the kit, it should have been replaced with the belt/wp.

Also, there is no need to disconnect the a/c pipes, the pump can be simply loosened and moved out of the way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom