should get radiator from RadiatorBarn or Cool Cruisers? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

chris777

TLCA member #12444
Threads
Website
mannphoto.com
I drive an FJ60

The RadiatorBarn.com one is $242 including shipping. Doesn't say whether or not it includes the petcock and radiator cap. It is made for both the 60 and 62 so it has automatic tranny hose ports I won't be using.

The Coolcruisers.com one is $309, I could drive to the store in my Prius and pick it up. It is made specifically for only the FJ60 so it has no Auto trans ports. It says it does include a Radiator cap and petcock. Radiators

Both companies would charge me sales tax.

It is kind of a toss up. Your 2 cents would be appreciated.

The FJ62 radiator is a direct fit for the FJ60 since the OEM FJ60 radiator is discontinued.

The only difference is the A440F tranny cooler ports in the FJ62 radiator. Those can be left that way or plugged up.

The OEM rads are still made by Toyota Radiator, now known as TRad.

I drive an FJ60

The RadiatorBarn.com one is $242 including shipping. Doesn't say whether or not it includes the petcock and radiator cap. It is made for both the 60 and 62 so it has automatic tranny hose ports I won't be using.

The Coolcruisers.com one is $309, I could drive to the store in my Prius and pick it up. It is made specifically for only the FJ60 so it has no Auto trans ports. It says it does include a Radiator cap and petcock. Radiators

I went thru this a few months back. I called CC and was told they no longer have the 60 only rad and now sell the 60/62 rad. I also found out that most all of the cruiser shops are selling CSF 2708. I got the $242. from Rad barn and it was also the csf 2708. Same rad as all the others at near $100. less(on average).

No cap.:D

There are some nice champion all aluminum Rads on Ebay. I asked on here and others said they are great rads. $209 I think plus shipping. Check it out.

I went thru this a few months back. I called CC and was told they no longer have the 60 only rad and now sell the 60/62 rad. I also found out that most all of the cruiser shops are selling CSF 2708. I got the $242. from Rad barn and it was also the csf 2708. Same rad as all the others at near $100. less(on average).

No cap.:D

I drive an FJ60

Try 1-800 radiator or their website radiators.com. I have used some from them before (not for a land cruiser though) and have always worked fine.

I bought one of the CCOT radiators a couple years ago. The neck was/is somewhat bent, which wasn't a pleasant surprise. Turns out several other members had the same experience. So, buyer beware. Works fine, however.

I bought one of the CCOT radiators a couple years ago. The neck was/is somewhat bent, which wasn't a pleasant surprise. Turns out several other members had the same experience. So, buyer beware. Works fine, however.

i'm in the same boat.
several years(7 or 8 any way) later, works fine and still looks new.
i would just get and oem and be done with it.

I got my radiator from performance radiator for about $190. Yes, it's aluminum. Plugged right in. No rust to worry about. Why spend more money on OEM? In this case, I don't think it's better.

Oh, ok, standard, old school radiators are made of copper/brass. ok. Just learned that the aluminum radiators can never be fixed and the one that compares favorably in price that was recommended on this thread, the Champion aluminum one on eBay, is 3 Row, which is not as good as a 4 row. So the aluminum one DOES have some disadvantages, doesn't it.

stock truck ...I would buy the yota OEM version or aftermarket brass 4 core... No need to look for custom radiator.

I bought one from Radiator Barn for my J**P and great service and shipped quickly. Plus would be a lifetime warranty to boot!

Aluminum radiators do not like vibration and while they do not rust aluminum corrodes badly in the wrong environment, for example road salt.

Some anti freeze is not compatible with aluminum.

Weight savings is minimal in a 5 to 6000lb wagon.

I run stock style aftermarket radiators in my 62 and my diesel wagon. Your local auto parts store can order you one of good quality or great quality even find a shop to recore it.

Tony

Oh, ok, standard, old school radiators are made of copper/brass. ok. Just learned that the aluminum radiators can never be fixed and the one that compares favorably in price that was recommended on this thread, the Champion aluminum one on eBay, is 3 Row, which is not as good as a 4 row. So the aluminum one DOES have some disadvantages, doesn't it.

aluminum radiators can be fixed just as easy as brass/copper types.

The difference would be that the Rad shop would need a TIG welder and someone with skill to use it.

Heat treated aluminum radiators can not be fixed with out a large oven, as to retreat them.

But I dont think the aluminum radiators are heat treated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom