Should dues go up again? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Is there going to be an increase in membership dues because of the raise in postage? The cost of mailing "large envelopes" like TT could potentially substantially increase the costs to the club. I am a manager for USPS and am still trying to figure out the new rates that go into effect 5/14, but from what little I have learned so far (I have training on Friday for the new rates) there may be some extra costs that probably weren't figured into the last membership dues increase. I'm not trying to b an alarmist, but it might be something to look into.

Clint

Next issue mails out at the end of June. I guess we'll know then.

Good news: pixel prices are still holding steady. The web site will not be affected. :D

True but i have no w-lan and laptop in the bathroom......yet. ;)

Whatever the p&p will be, i want my hardcopie TT !
icon6.gif

New rates for 1 ounce 1st class mail:

Regular leter size mail - $.41 from $39
Flats (large envelopes) - $.80 (weight depending) from $.52
Parcels & Packages - $1.13 from $.52

It's realy the size & shape that the rate change will affect. Prior to the change, the 1st class single piece rates for items over 1 oz had the same price at every weight increment. It shouldn't affect us too too much as it will only be a few cents difference when mailing Trails (currently, when I send them from my postage meter it's $2.31 - $2.65 depending upon what else is in the envelope), but this is another reason why we can't send free issues out to those who missed them due to an address change or late renewal. At best, it would increase our cost for the first class postage option, but we'll cross that bridge if & when we get to it. :)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom