Shotts' Lexus now with Slee 6" lift (details): (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Chinamons Gulch is one of my favorites and your 80 would do well on it. Only 2 hours from Slee

You need 37's on that thing now. Nothing like a good set of driveline vibes and caster issues to get the dominoes falling. Next up - chop top :D

You need 37's on that thing now. Nothing like a good set of driveline vibes and caster issues to get the dominoes falling. Next up - chop top :D

Don't say that. I wanted to put my new Lexus 35's onto the 100 and get 37s for the Lexus. Won't fit into the garage AND I'd need to have my guy remake my spare holder. Not worth it. I'm done.

46348769-L.jpg

Yes and no.

No....though there's a lot of drivesahft grease sprayed all over.

And yes....I have a leaky rear main seal. :mad:

GOOD EYE! And thanks! I can't wait to trail ride this sucker.

Nice setup! Bet you'll get to test it in Moab.

-MC

So are you going to sell your old springs? What are they?

Dave

Nice to see you joined the club. Glad you like it!! I said you would about a year ago, I know I love mine!!!

I just put my 6" on tonight. Same vibes, etc. but I have fewer than before (Js with spacers) since I have the DC shafts and was basically running too low of a lift. I can't believe how much better this thing handles vs. the Js...holy cow!

So are you going to sell your old springs? What are they?

Dave

You don't want 'em......they're magic "vibrating" springs.

Ride looks really nice John. (except the bumpers but I know you love the function of them)

I just put my 6" on tonight. Same vibes, etc. but I have fewer than before (Js with spacers) since I have the DC shafts and was basically running too low of a lift. I can't believe how much better this thing handles vs. the Js...holy cow!

Yep most would not believe the slee 6" handles better than the Js. Tows way better too.

Yep most would not believe the slee 6" handles better than the Js. Tows way better too.

I do, but I'm biased ;)

The J's are just too soft for the amount of lift they give.

The slight vibration has been my experience also. I switched out from the old Slee arms to the new ones and got a slight vibration like Shotts described. I'm pretty sure that it's the front shaft that is vibrating however at the same time I changed out the arms I put some OME spacers in the back since my rear sags when I have it loaded. I adjusted the rear driveshaft angle a little bit, but that didn't seem to do much for the vibration.

I think what it comes down to is that it's a sacrifice either way. Better handling more vibration, or worse handling less vibration. I'll take better handling.

Thing actually looks really good schottz.

Even considering its your truck.

Darwood: I turned the rear arms another 1/2 turn today and there's even LESS vibration. I'm excited! We'll fiddle with these some more and I'm done. I can live it the way it is now. :)

Refugg: Thanks......but remember......it took me a YEAR to get it right. :D

NW Sickboy: Might look hideous, but it allows me to take lines another 80 cannot. For me, that's what counts. I have all the bling and more that I need in my 100. :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom